Best intermediate tire?

I ride my 426 mostly on trails and in Harescrambles. Woods with typical nasties,more combination of red clay and decent moist soil. Looking for something better especially on the front. Suggestions?

------------------

The world loves talent but, pays off on character.

for trail riding the absolute best is the dunlop 756 front and rear tires! These are excellent for trail riding and soft to intermediate soil! The Dunlop 755 front tire is what I run on motocross tracks and it works just as well as the 756! I run the Bridgestone M78 rear (on motocross tracks)! Hope this helps!

Garrett

------------------

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!

Friendswood, TX

I also give kudos to the 756. My next set of tires will give Bridgestones a try.

bridestone grizzly tire for frt and rear the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had great luck with the Bridgestones

and they are cheaper ( mail order thru

rockymountainmc.com) M78 and the M58 (more intermediate-soft) but I have used the Dunlop

755 in the front and the Bridgestone M77(more

intermediate-hard).

Hope this helps!!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'M leaning towards the Dunlops but I have also been looking at michelins. S12 for front and M12 for rear . Any thoughts?

------------------

Michelins to put it bluntly plain SUCK my friend bought 2 of them and they chunked off in 2 rides (about 8 hrs) the tread was history! Stick with dunlops or bridgestone and youll be very happy! Just my opinion but i have heard others complain of michelins soft and brittle rubber compound (which chunks)! Another site to get cheap tires is http://www.hipersports.com Hope this helps!

Garrett

------------------

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!

Friendswood, TX

Thanks for replys. I'm gathering that the hot setup for me will be the 755 front and756 rear from Dunlop.

------------------

Originally posted by FOX426:

I ride my 426 mostly on trails and in Harescrambles. Woods with typical nasties,more combination of red clay and decent moist soil. Looking for something better especially on the front. Suggestions?

I raced desert races in Arizona and found that NOTHING came close to the stock Dunlop 739 on the rear (in all conditions). I tried them all, and as far as that M78 is concerned, you can throw it in the trash. Non-YZ four strokers will tell you its the same but its not. That M78 shreds way sooner. I moved to Colorado in the summer and now ride in the trees all the time. The Dunlop 756 is the beast up here. It hooks up great. Front tires vary but if you want something that can take a lot of side-loading in hard turns(not hard pack) try the 755 front from Dunlop. Nothing grips better but the nobbies will begin to tear after a few months. Good luck.

Fox, I ride the same stuff. You may actually need a soft-terrain tire.

I HATED the stock 739 both Fr and Rr. Tried 756's, loved the front, the rear was OK, good at straight acceleration, but felt loose in turns. This is on a Wr with 18" rim. Just switched again to S12 in the front, 755 rear. Seems to be a good combo, no complaints so far, and the mud is now hard ground which is not where the two are supposed to shine.

These are both soft-terrain tires so you can expect faster wear, but I haven't rode the 755 enough to see how it holds up.

I would try the 756 front for sure, the rear I'm still undecided. I do like the front S12 better than the 756 in the short time I've used them, but I'm chaulking this up to just having a new tire (forgot how the 756 felt when new I guess), not necessarily because it's a better tire.