2010 ride report

I made a smart choice buying this bike.I like it.

Felt comfortable from the first lap.

It feels really light just as I have heard.

The forks are awsome .i need to work on the sag a little bit but i am close now.I need to lose 10 lbs of my fat ass and it will be perfect.

It turns fantastic and with the light feeling of the bike it is a blast to ride.

Highly recomend to anyone on the fence,

So far I have two complaints.although the owners book has tons of info I don't really like how it is put together.It's a little hard to locate the info.

I will get used to it.

The other thing is one of the oil drain bolts is in a bad spot.

I am looking forward to using some different maps this weekend and I also have a GYTR pipe for it.

I think this would be the first bike I ever had that was great out of the crate.

Thanks for the ride report. Cant wait to get mine and for the snow to melt!

And yes, if the manual is still the same as before when every section has "x" different languages for each step is rediculous. I'm not sure how the other brands are but hondas manual has "x" different languages but they are all separate. Yamaha has gotta change theirs.

I've never gotten a hard copy manual from Yamaha that was multi-lingual.

The download manuals have usually been like that, but recently, if you download English, you only get the English pages.

Its not hard to read but it just is not put together that well.

the info is there you just have to search a little

Edited by delmas
v

Its not hard to read but it just is not put together that well.

the info is there you just have to search a little

I also found the manual hard when locateing info. Especialy on the rear shock on the clickers.

BTW! What sag will you be running (estimation) I have to figure mine out tomorrow somewhat and try it this coming sunday.

I also found the manual hard when locateing info. Especialy on the rear shock on the clickers.

BTW! What sag will you be running (estimation) I have to figure mine out tomorrow somewhat and try it this coming sunday.

i think my problem is i need a stiffer rear spring.

I would say that the front is just a little stiffer and the rear is aoft.

Overall it is really great suspension.

i came off a honda 07 and the yamaha is much better .

my sag is 106

Page 3-20

Regular Inspections and Adjustments - Chassis ?

what I was refering to was I thought they had that particular info in the book in an odd place and it was jumbled up to where it was hard to locate cause of all the wording which I thought made it hard to sort out and find by just opening the book up and not useing the table of contents. Not as easy to find as the 06 manual.

... it was jumbled up to where it was hard to locate cause of all the wording which I thought made it hard to sort out and find

A little bit like that first sentence of yours, no?

It's in exactly the same place as in the '06 manual, other than the actual page number. Right there in Chapter 3, chassis section, between the forks and tire pressure. ?

Once you get used to the layout, you may be able to eschew using the table of contents, but that feature is there for a reason.