HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cobalt650

2011 wr450f

12 posts in this topic

Fellas,

Any fresh rumors on the 2011 WR450F? I was not able to run the Search tab from this computer over yonder in the sandbox. When I get back to Wisconsin in April, I plan on trying to find a plated 2007 or newer WR450F. But, and I know that this is a big :ride: , if there is a 2011 WR450F street legal type inbound, I will wait and make that one, last, (honest honey) new bike purchase at the ripe old age of 42. :lol::thumbsup:

I was at one of the local dealers today. We were talking about the 2011 WR450. He said that it's very possible that it will have the same motor as the YZ but with electric start, meaning it could have FI. He has a few '09s left. I'm waiting to see the official 2011 announcement before I buy now.

I'm in the same boat. I have a Great 07 650L that still runs like a champ, but I want a small bike to. Looking for a plated wr450F and if the 2011 is street legal from the factory that might be the way to go !!.

I dont usually buy brand new but like cobalt650 it could be my last new purchase at the ripe old age of 47.

"official 2011 announcement" Does anyone know when Yamaha releases the 2011 information/bikes ? Thanks !

Usually somewhere around August.

haha I HOPE it doesn't have the FI of the YZ! That thing is like a light switch terrible FI throttle manners from all the tests I've seen.

...like cobalt650 it could be my last new purchase at the ripe old age of 47.

I'll be 60 in a few weeks. You guys will buy again.

blah blah blah blah....yaddyah blah blah blah..... from all the tests I've seen.

Have you RIDDEN one?? Mag tests are completely useless for a brand new bike, IMO. Talk to those who own one or ride one yourself before making such absolutism comments about what some tester determined....

Never thought I would hear "light switch" when referring to a 4T. That being the case, I can't even imagine the operative word for the 84-86 CR500s... LOL!

Never thought I would hear "light switch" when referring to a 4T. That being the case, I can't even imagine the operative word for the 84-86 CR500s... LOL!

Deadly - Lethal - Cruel - Incredible - Fantastic

Deadly - Lethal - Cruel - Incredible - Fantastic

:banana:

I still miss mine, and it was a "tame" one from 1991. :lol: