Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steveride

Please Help Me!!

37 posts in this topic

I just got a WR 450 & am havin problems ridin it! I was told that the gears are 1 down & 4 up, so when ever i Rev it up & pop it into gear the Bike flips over!! I've replaced the rear fender 4 time now, The Handle Bars 2 times & The chained snapped rite in half. Someone else told me that the gears were 5 down which would makes more sense as My last Bike was 3 gears down, But when I start off the Bike Jerks really bad & when i go down to the next gear ,I just about go sailing over the bars!! When I start off in 3rd gear down its not to bad, The bike doesn't flip over or Jerk at all.

I read that i should use mostly the front brake, That just makes the bike flip over forward, the front brakes seem to be way to strong & the back brake lever doesn't work at all!! When I pull it in the the motor Revs like crazy!! Is it hooked up Wrong?

The motor seems to smoke alot is 50:1 to much Oil? It was fine in My other Bike.

I just feel that my Dad & His Friends aren't as Smart as they claim to be!!

Any help would be great!!

Not to worry, you're going great. The only suggestion I have is to quit replacing the bars & fenders until you get more experience.

oh no it is you.. i would say prob run all oil no gas and then your bike wont flip over, ALSO if you pin the throttle put the bike in 2nd gear (2 clicks down) and lean foward with your legs on the bars, that you will fly to the moon. its what i do, trust me on this..

Not to worry, you're going great. The only suggestion I have is to quit replacing the bars & fenders until you get more experience.

This is how I ride mine, works great! Who ever says you are riding wrong is incorrect. :thumbsup:

So its not Me?

I think you're not quite ready for a 450 and you should get a 50cc...or just stick with your bmx bike for a while...how old are you?

I just got a WR 450 & am havin problems ridin it! I was told that the gears are 1 down & 4 up, so when ever i Rev it up & pop it into gear the Bike flips over!! I've replaced the rear fender 4 time now, The Handle Bars 2 times & The chained snapped rite in half. Someone else told me that the gears were 5 down which would makes more sense as My last Bike was 3 gears down, But when I start off the Bike Jerks really bad & when i go down to the next gear ,I just about go sailing over the bars!! When I start off in 3rd gear down its not to bad, The bike doesn't flip over or Jerk at all.

I read that i should use mostly the front brake, That just makes the bike flip over forward, the front brakes seem to be way to strong & the back brake lever doesn't work at all!! When I pull it in the the motor Revs like crazy!! Is it hooked up Wrong?

The motor seems to smoke alot is 50:1 to much Oil? It was fine in My other Bike.

I just feel that my Dad & His Friends aren't as Smart as they claim to be!!

Any help would be great!!

Wow. Troll much?

I think you're kenuder valve might be faulty. Exhaust bearing might be locked up too.

Is the blinker fluid balanced between the right rear and left front? That will definitely cause you to land on your head- something that might not be all that unfamiliar.

Were do I check the blinker fluid? I ordered a maual today i hope that will help

as my dad wont!!

Thanks

All Oil?? What kind?? Will Oil Ignite? Or fowl the plug!! My Dad says Your Pullin My Leg!!

Only animals with feathers will fowl your plug.

I agree with Krannie on running 20:1 mixture (20 parts oil to 1 part gas) to help tame the hit.

Don't listen to these Bozos. I had the same problem with my 450 when I first got it. It turns out that the drive chain was installed inside out.

1. Remove your chain

2. Turn it right-side out

3. Replace all the O-rings on the chain (They've been turning the wrong direction.)

4. Reinstall the chain

:thumbsup::ride: