HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
T-Doshi9

new to the wr world

9 posts in this topic

i just got a 98 wr400. it has the bbk on it and several upgrades. i have 3 questions.

1. the stupid decomp lever is TINY. i rode a buddy's 426 and the lever was useable and you could move it. any ideas on this?

2. should i just get the wr450 exhaust cam and don't worry about question 1?

3. do they make a rekluse that works for these?

I recommend the Hot Cams auto-decomp equipped cam for your model. The 450 cam chains are a bit different (and therefore the cam gear teeth are different) and don't match up "perfectly" to your model. It will work, but it's not ideal. The Hot Cams will be a perfect match.....

I recommend the Hot Cams auto-decomp equipped cam for your model. The 450 cam chains are a bit different (and therefore the cam gear teeth are different) and don't match up "perfectly" to your model. It will work, but it's not ideal. The Hot Cams will be a perfect match.....

Unless you port the head, don't get the hotcams intake cam. Not worth the $$. The exhaust cam does just fine.

Unless you port the head, don't get the hotcams intake cam. Not worth the $$. The exhaust cam does just fine.

Good call!! The exhaust cam is the only one you need for the easy start mod....

ok.. i was reading around and kinda thought this was what i needed to do. but wanted to ask for sure. thanks guys. i think i will try to find an exhaust cam now. one more question... i have read some places that if i go with the yz cam that the timming is diff. is that the only diff? performance diff?

Doesn't look like it. Call em to be sure.

Otherwise you can talk with Rev-Loc or EFM.

i know they don't have them on the site. but as with my kx250 same thing but you could use the 250f and shorten the shaft just a bit and it works. anyone use anything like that?

About time you defected....

Save the money on the cam, learn the routine on starting. Just my humble opinion.