Scott's Damper Kit

I am looking at the complete Scott's Damper Kit for the 99 and was wondering about the different types. They make the standard off-set kit and a 5mm off-set(to match the y2k bikes) and was wondering if this would make much of a difference?

Thanks in Advance.

------------------

Scott #431

Some Fear Racing "Cause if you don't have any you ain't going fast enough"

'99 YZ400F(Coming to a Theater near you soon)

'92 ZX-7R and '97 ZX-7RR

"Doesn't hurt till the bone is exposed"

"When cut do you bleed green? I do!"

Pics

a steering damper is only needed if you are racing desert stuff. in my experiences they make the already sluggish (by 2 stroke standards) stearing even slower. you can forget all attempts to handle quik sharp turns. although you will go straight. unfortunatly not all tracks are 1/4 mile drag strips. turning is a must. but if you are racing desert, get one, scotts is the best. get the one that you suggested for desert stuff. but motocross is a bad idea with a steering damper, unless your local track is called "head shake hill". thats just my opinion.

If you aint thumpin, you aint ridin.

[This message has been edited by BBRguy (edited 12-16-2000).]

I have a scotts on my 426 and I love it the mounting kit is a little expensive I ride in moad and plces like that in Utah for me there is no other way than a Scotts.

BBRGuy is right, if you plan on riding MX its a waste of money.I bought the complete set up for my 426 as I ride mostly Desert now and I love it out there.

I mainly run Harescrambles and Off-Road Events and planned only limited mx duties for the bike. With all the roots and rocks out there where I race/ride(Chadwick, MO AKA Rock Capital of the World), I feel it would make the handling more precise.

Thanks for the input.

------------------

Scott #431

Some Fear Racing "Cause if you don't have any you ain't going fast enough"

'99 YZ400F(Coming to a Theater near you soon)

'92 ZX-7R and '97 ZX-7RR

"Doesn't hurt till the bone is exposed"

"When cut do you bleed green? I do!"

Pics

I've recently installed one of these and I'm not quite sure why you guys feel that they would not provide some benefit to a motocross style of riding?

For me, the unit seems to add stability for all types of riding. Even freestyle.

Am I missing something?