HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eracer

WR450 f jetting - Needle adjustment

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've been having some jetting problems con my wr450f, at first I had problems at top end, it seemed the bike couldn't go faster than 75 mph, it couldn't rev up.. Then I changed the jetting setup, the bike is ok at low and high rpm, but when I try to mantain mid rpm (going on steep hills for example) or just a steady rpm the bike starts bogging. I have only been able to change upper and lower jetting but I can't adjust the needle it seems to be "non adjustable". This is the stock needle, are they really non adjustable?

I wouldn't like to buy a JD Jetting for now.

I ride at 2300ft above sea level, dessert track, mostly dry weather. Any recommendations would be great!

Thanks!

Antonio

The stock needle is not adjustable. My recommendation is to bite the bullet and get the JD kit. I tried everything I could come up with to get my 450 to run right and could never get it. Bought JD's kit and PRESTO- the beast was unleashed! Good luck!

I have an 05WR450 and bought an AIS removal kit. It came with jetting and an adjustible needle. It started good, lost the cold bloodedness, and ran great.

Dennis

The stock needle is not adjustable.

WR450F? I don't think your info is valid. I have had 02, 03, 04 and 05, all with adjustable needles.

WR450F? I don't think your info is valid. I have had 02, 03, 04 and 05, all with adjustable needles.

Starting in 06 and onward, the WR needle was NOT adjustable :thumbsup:

Starting in 06 and onward, the WR needle was NOT adjustable :thumbsup:

Okay, good to know.. I am working on getting a 09' next.