yz450f suspension linkage

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is an after market suspension linkage made for a 2008 yz450f been looking havent found anything..I see that pro circuit makes one for honda only?

Seems to those linkages are usually made for a bike because they have a problem in the stroke like the initial stroke is harsh or something like that. Then they redo it and make it better. You do not need one for your YZf.

Does it really matter what i think im going to get out of a suspension linkage all i asked for is if anyone knows if there is one made for my bike.

Good luck with that attitude here on TT.:ride: I think what people are trying to tell you is that aftermarket linkage, in this case, is a waste of money. If you don't like the answers you're getting, do the research yourself!

Good luck with that attitude here on TT.:ride: I think what people are trying to tell you is that aftermarket linkage, in this case, is a waste of money. If you don't like the answers you're getting, do the research yourself!

x2

What do you want it for looks? You were smart and bought a bike with good linkage so don't worry about replacing and unflawed part.

Does it really matter what i think im going to get out of a suspension linkage all i asked for is if anyone knows if there is one made for my bike.
Yes, it actually does. There have been linkages made for 3 different purposes for YZF's: Lowering, raising (to improve cornering), and so called suspension "improvement". If you had answered the question, I could have helped you with it, but it looks like you'd rather keep the matter a secret and figure it out for yourself. Happy Trails.

yeah i see you point on the answer i did not mean it to sound that way so i apologize for that to everyone...i mostly just wanted it for looks i just see the Honda with the flashy nice looking one guess i just wanted a stock replacement that looked a little better..maybe just be better off powder coating my own?

That would probably be the best approach. Outside of lowering the bike for a short rider, I don't know of one made for the '08 YZF. I also know that very, very few suspension tuners think there's anything about the rear shock compression rate of the YZF that needs correcting by altering the linkage, and Storm, who used to make linkages for the '04-'05 to raise the back and help them steer better, hasn't followed with anything for the '06+ models.

Linkage is a little hard to see when looking at the bike, though, isn't it?

Correct. The 08 has such tight clearance between the shock spring and swingarm that a connecting rod with minimal (say 1 inch or less) would be needed ala the Storm and any more amount - for short riders - would be accomplished via a rocker. Pro Circuit and a few other companies make short travel lowering links for other manufacturers but for the 08 yzf there is no such product yet.

Many pro racers or those with access to say, a full on factory team, change their suspension/linkage almost every weekend to suit the track/course/terrain. A millimeter this way or that.

That would probably be the best approach. Outside of lowering the bike for a short rider, I don't know of one made for the '08 YZF. I also know that very, very few suspension tuners think there's anything about the rear shock compression rate of the YZF that needs correcting by altering the linkage, and Storm, who used to make linkages for the '04-'05 to raise the back and help them steer better, hasn't followed with anything for the '06+ models.

Linkage is a little hard to see when looking at the bike, though, isn't it?