09 yz or 09 crf? great deals but which one?

So that pretty much says it. Im buying a bike and now that they are a yr old would like to know which to buy. Im 190 novice not racing anymore. Ive had an 06 yz for 4 seasons. How much better than mine is the 09 yz. seems kinda shitty to buy essentially the same bike. on the other hand I do not have money to go fixing a brand new bike. monies tight so the 5 k for the bike is it! Thanks for your help and yes Ive searched and searched threads and not got a answer just a lot of arguing. Thanks Jeff

Everyone here will say buy the Yamaha. If you posted the same question on the Honda board, they will say buy the Honda. The only thing I can add is, I just bought a new 09 YZ450F in December and am very happy so far. If you believe what the mags say, the Honda will turn better but I have no issues at all with the handling of my Yamaha. I know someone who owned the Honda and he spent a lot of money trying to get the suspension working to his liking. Apparently he was not happy with it as he now owns a 2010 Yamaha. I am roughly the same weight as you and the Yamaha has the best stock suspension I've ridden! They are both good bikes but as far as a bike that you can buy and just ride with no mods? I'd go for the Yamaha. Just my.02 :ride:

If you don't have any more money to spend I would suggest an RMZ450 box stock it has great turning, good power, good suspension. The 09 yz will need a pipe($500 min), no way around it. The honda has real suspension issues($600), and needs a remap.($100min) The suzuki will be tough to find, but bone stock it is better. If I had to choose between the honda or the yamaha I would go with the yamaha.

If you don't have any more money to spend I would suggest an RMZ450 box stock it has great turning, good power, good suspension. The 09 yz will need a pipe($500 min), no way around it. The honda has real suspension issues($600), and needs a remap.($100min) The suzuki will be tough to find, but bone stock it is better. If I had to choose between the honda or the yamaha I would go with the yamaha.

the only way to know which bike is for you is to test ride it! they are all good this days.

I just sold my '05 CRF 450R this evening, I've had 7mx bikes (5 250 smokers and 2 450's) - ALL Honda's. I'm going to buy a new '09 450, but this time it's going to be a Yamaha. By the way, I didn't have valve issues with my '02 450 but the '05's crapped out after 70 hours.

I don't want to buy a new bike only to have to spend $475 on an aftermarket valve & spring kit, have to spend $xxx.xx amount on fixing the "stink-bug" suspension and then have to wonder how much abuse the 4 spring clutch will take ($500 to solve that issue).

I still don't know why Honda went to a 4 spring clutch on a 450, S-T-O-O-P-I-D in my humble opinion. If they hadn't screwed with the suspension, and gone with a 5 spring clutch I could have over-looked the valve issue. I can handle 1, not 3 dumb issues that didn't need to appear in the first place.

Out of 6 buddies with Honda's, 4 of us have had valve issues. And the 2 that haven't are beginner riders who don't twist past 1/2 throttle. Just search the CRF 450/250 forum for "bike won't start" and you'll figure out how big the "headache" is for the majority.