HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
got5steelman

Hour meter help?

5 posts in this topic

I just purchased an hour meter (moose)and have a couple questions on how to hook it up. I have an 05 YZ450, the instructions say to wrap the sensor wire around the spark plug wire, The YZ has a coil pack and not a spark plug wire. Do I need to wrap it around one of the 2 electrical wires on the connector and if so which one? Or do I need to hook it to somewhere else? Also it says to keep it in an area not to exceed 125 degrees, where is everyone mounting there hour meters. The 05 does not have the top tank mounting bolt at the top of the frame neck.

Wrap the wire around the top of the boot or just under he top of the coil pack where it is round. I also used a zip tie to hold it tight. I mounted mine to the inside of my radiator shroud with 2 sided tape without a problem but there might be a better spot.

Wrap it a couple times around the rubber boot that's over the coil...I ran the line up with the throttle cables, and mounted it in the bar pad because my hour meter also has RPM...

SDC10643.jpg

SDC10644.jpg

SDC10645.jpg

SDC10646.jpg

Wrap it a couple times around the rubber boot that's over the coil...I ran the line up with the throttle cables, and mounted it in the bar pad because my hour meter also has RPM...

SDC10643.jpg

SDC10644.jpg

SDC10645.jpg

SDC10646.jpg

that looks ridiculously clean. Great idea.