HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slowcrow

Shipping a bike, who to use?

4 posts in this topic

I need help in finding a company that will ship a YZ from Cali to Oklahoma. Do you guys have any recommendations of who to use and how much I might be looking at? Thanks!!

If the bike is crated, I would look at a LTL carrier like FedEx Freight (formally American Freightways) or one of those guys. I've had three bikes shipped - one from Arkansas to Ohio and one from Virginia to Arkansas did not pay over $90.00. The bike has to be crated (totally covered). Don't mention that it's used (if it is) as LTL carriers don't like to ship used equipment.

Hello,

I've shipped two bikes from Ohio to Colorado for under $200 each. The last one I used is http://www.shipabf.com

A manufacturers crate is the best way to go because it needs to be forkliftable (new word?). It's also cheaper to drop it off and pick it up. Also booking on the internet comes with a discount. Size is more important than weight so If you're making a crate, go as small as you can.

Tim