HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dieseld

Looking at a used 2009 YZ450 tomorrow - any recommendations ?

3 posts in this topic

I'm gonna check out a used 2009 with 50 hours on it. Has a full FMF exhaust and upgraded rims otherwise all stock and looks very clean. Owner said he's replaced the piston/rings but valves haven't needed re-shimming yet.

Anything to watch out for specific to this year ? and what is a fair price ?

thanks

I'm gonna check out a used 2009 with 50 hours on it. Has a full FMF exhaust and upgraded rims otherwise all stock and looks very clean. Owner said he's replaced the piston/rings but valves haven't needed re-shimming yet.

Anything to watch out for specific to this year ? and what is a fair price ?

thanks

The bike is bulletproof. New ones where going for 4700 before January 1st, but have since gone up, or so my dealer said that they have gone up since then (rebates to dealer are less).

I have about 45 hours on mine, and it has been good so far. Just change the oil in the transmission a lot. I did have trouble with fork seals in mud, but they just weeped. Took forks apart, cleaned bushing and seals, new KYB Yamaha oil and I was set. Seals were not worn, just had dirt inside them.