Clarke Tank vs IMF Tank??

Dose the IMS 4.0 work with the stock rad fan and horn?↲

Any fit issues?

Yeah it works with the stock rad fan and horn but the fitting isn't crazy. Received my tank today and took time to install it

Yeah it works with the stock rad fan and horn but the fitting isn't crazy. Received my tank today and took time to install it

What do you mean by "The fitting isn't crazy"?

IMS 4 gal works with stock rads n fans, doesn't like Unibiker guards. Some one posted that another rad guard will work.

What do you mean by "The fitting isn't crazy"?

You have to enlarge the petcock holes, the filter is too big.

You have to fight with the radiators because it doesn't fit easy.

Make a search, there are a few threads about the fitting issues.

You have to enlarge the petcock holes, the filter is too big.

You have to fight with the radiators because it doesn't fit easy.

Make a search, there are a few threads about the fitting issues.

And I am hearing that you can't get all the fuel out of the 4.0.

So is it safe to say that the 3.2 is the safer bet? Easier to install and you can get all the fuel out of the 3.2.

How much extra range do you get out of the 3.2?

If you go by Zuks factory mpg you would get 333km out of a 3.2g tank. So an extra 111km per tank.

All depends on your type of riding and how much turn you have on the throttle...:smirk:

So is it safe to say that the 3.2 is the safer bet? Easier to install and you can get all the fuel out of the 3.2.

You have to lean the bike to the left to get all the fuel out of the right side when you get down on fuel. Any tank that carries the fuel low and doesn't have a tube to connect the two sides of the tank will have this problem. I think even the stock tank is this way but it isn't quite as bad because most of the fuel is carried higher than the aftermarket tanks.

Maybe because the shrouds are lower than the petcock but you can put 4.25gallons of fuel in the 4.0gallons ims tank so I presume that the 0.25g is the fuel that you can't use.

Maybe because the shrouds are lower than the petcock but you can put 4.25gallons of fuel in the 4.0gallons ims tank so I presume that the 0.25g is the fuel that you can't use.

With all the threads about fuel tanks why don't we have a sticky with all the info for each one of the tanks? Makes sence no?

I just ordered the IMS 3.2g

How does the IMS 3.2 do with a kickstart?

I was thinking about the Clarke 3.6 (E model tank) because its a known good with unabikers and a kickstart. If the IMS works with the combo then I may need to give it a look as well.

I'm looking to put a big tank on my E model with a kicker.

Which tanks fit?

Does anyone know how much gas the Acerbis tank holds? I'm seeing 3.7 and 4.2.

Thanks!

Another question: what's the difference between an E and S/SM tank? I'm looking for an oversize E tank and see some cheap S/SM tanks available. Can it be retrofitted?

They mount differently.

None, of any make, The crappy corbin seat pan is the issue, not the tank

I can vouch for the Clarke tank with the Corbin seat. I have that combo, and I don't have any problems.

OK...Time for the lameO question...Just checked out the IMS site and they list 3 colors of yellow...I'm color blind so I have no idea which matches the Suzi yellow...Thanks for any help on this one...Dan

I just made the switch to the IMS 3.2 from the Clarke 3.9 and what these guys are saying is spot on. The IMS is much better for off-road use for sure. Slimmer, no nut buster, slightly lower front seat, fuel cap works great (Clarke cap sucks), and way better looking.

I think an IMF 4.0 vs Clarke 3.9 would be a more relevant comparison when it comes to shape. And in this comparison I find an interest.

Anyone with pictures of their IMF 4.0s or Clarke 3.9s?

I realize that this thread is over a year old, although I still find it useful, as my inquiring mind would like to know!

Which size? And do you have testicles?

The large IMS tank helps protect the rads a bit more then the Clark.

Of the smaller tanks IMS 3.2 and the same size Clark.. I much prefer the IMS, the Clark is a nut buster, raising the front of the seat up a bit more and is wider at the knee area.

i have a IMS 3.2 and love it had a clark 3.9 and sold it just to big