Thin Form inside Air Filter, 2010 YZ450F

Anybody know what the thin form inside an air filter on 2010 YZ450 for? Is it to keep you from dropping any dirt inside? I nor a dealer guy never seen these on any street FI bikes.

530c.jpg?BCPaI8LB_ImJtNLq

What I'm talking about is #28 on illustration, #29 being regular Air Filter, and #27 is backfire net.

Japanese manual just say "Do not to take it off." It's only like 130yen (maybe $1.40) I changed it a couple of times already when it got little dirty. 

I wonder if after market filter company like Uni still recommend to keep this form when their filter is installed.

i ditched the little filter and the screen when i put my gytr filter on

I believe that it is there to prevent dirt and other things from falling down into throttle body.

GYTR filter looks like made by Uni... Did it tell you to take them off?

I believe that it is there to prevent dirt and other things from falling down into throttle body.

That's what I though too. I guess Yamaha is just being extra cautious.

Removing the flame screen is a bad idea. In the first place, it won't accomplish anything from a performance standpoint, as the filter itself is more restrictive than the screen is. Secondly, there's a real, even if small, risk of fire in doing so. This was bad enough in the conventional layout, but now, with the filter located under the front of the fuel tank, it seems even less desirable, somehow.

sorry didnt take screen out just little filter thing.