2004 CRF450 service manual

I will try but if I remember correctly it is 100+ MB.. I dont think I can send things that big but ill try now and let you know if it works.

Im not sure what year is is for. it says on the bottom "Date of Issue: July, 2002" so its hard to tell.

yeah but who wants to pay for something thats easily available for free...

The first couple of pages of most manuals cover the fact that they are copyrighted and not to be distributed without permission of the copyright holder. You may not care about that and honestly, I don't care if you do or don't. However, TT does care about & respect copyright laws and if we see our site being used as a mechanism to violate the law, we'll delete those references/links. What I provided is a link to the info being looked for that I know is legal and does not violate the copyrighted work of another.

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/

TT is absolutely watched by the manufacturers and others, so I wouldn't upload copyrighted works and prompt others to download them. You have no idea who's watching. Trust me, infringement suits are hazardous to your wallet, as the penalties are significant. Remember, the search engines index threads & posts, so if someone googles CRF manuals, they might find your link and what happens if that happens to be the business that holds the copyright? Do as you wish outside of TT. I'm just sharing the risks of distributing copyrighted works. I know sharing a manual seems harmless, but the law is the law. So, fair warning.

It's an unfortunate situation. TT can't allow certain manuals to be traded because of copyright infringement, but the manufacturers should recognize that getting the proper information to people is in their best interests. Otherwise, people will post in front of thousands of viewers "my honda sucks, broke again...blah blah blah" when the problem could have been prevented with some basic knowledge found in the manuals. Very frustrating. They'll figure it out eventually I guess.

Here are a few legit Honda manuals that are available to the public...

Every new bike I've purchased DOES come with a manual. It's the owner those loses it, so the 2nd owner then ends up in the position of not having the manual. So, it's not really the factory's fault that the original owner can't seem to keep track of what came w/ the bike. I have every single piece of paper from my last bike including the KTM pen. But, KTM for example has their manuals online for download. I've not checked the other manufacturers, so I can't say if that is or isn't the case.

I have every single piece of paper from my last bike including the KTM pen.

yeah but youre an older guy with his shit together, probably have a nice clean, perfect shop to work in and no a-hole brothers or friends going in there every day and rummaging through everything like I got making one hell of a mess. and youve also been doing this for a long time, and probably been through several new bikes and manuals so youve learned better. most people just aernt that smart or couldnt care less about doing it the way the manual says or doing a maintenance log. they just start taking bolts out, and figure you do the exact opposite to put it back together. not quite.

most of the time its some younger guy buying the new bike, and it doesnt need any major work for a year or two so the manual never gets touched, and becomes useless, dirty, full of stains, lost, forgotten, ripped, basically garbage, or simply never used, because they get someone else to work on their bike, etc..

I have a buddy who bought a 2009 yz450f last year... he doesnt do any work on it, he even brought it back to the dealership to have his valves checked (only has 3-5 light engine hours on it lol) ill ask him this summer if he knows where his manual is or not.. id be willing to be he doesnt know exactly where it is. then when he goes to sell the bike, the manual gets forgotten ,tucked away somwhere, buried in the shed only to be found 5 years down the road and tossed in the garbage.

but yeah, it is unfortunate that 99% of used bikes sold dont have their original manual. I bought a clymer manual for my bike and have 4 pages, front and back, of maintenance logs, date, hours on the hour meter (started at 10 hours I think... have 91 hours now). from everything to oil changes, air filter cleanings, new tires, spoked tightened, engine mods, valves checked, upgrades installed, etc... how often do you see that? or better question, have you ever seen that? lol

Every new bike I've purchased DOES come with a manual. It's the owner those loses it, so the 2nd owner then ends up in the position of not having the manual. So, it's not really the factory's fault that the original owner can't seem to keep track of what came w/ the bike. I have every single piece of paper from my last bike including the KTM pen. But, KTM for example has their manuals online for download. I've not checked the other manufacturers, so I can't say if that is or isn't the case.

Not blaming anyone for losing the manual, that kind of stuff just happens. I do blame the manufacturers for not making the information easily available. In my opinion, a forward thinking company doesn't try to squeeze money from manuals. They should want that information in the owners hands in order to keep their product working well. People who are happy with a product tell other people about that product, it's advertising basics. You just can't buy word of mouth advertising, and it's the most powerful form, contagious even. KTM has always been a forward thinking company. Inverted forks in '85, no linkage on rear suspension, manufacturing motors for easy change in displacement, sold new with some trick parts, manuals available online. They're a really good company, not without their problems, but still a good company.

^^

yeah but with no manuals out there.. that means that more parts get broken or installed improperly, which means youre going back to the shop and buying more and more parts.

in other words, no manuals means more parts being bough and money in the big 4s pockets. I like KTM more and more every day.