Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yzf177

lights for a '04 YZ450F

7 posts in this topic

anyone know of an easy way to add lights (head & Brake), trying to make it street legal without spending to much tim and money?

I do know that the stock stator does not produce enough power for anything but running the bike itself, your best bet would be to get a new stator or a stator rewind and then run your lights off that and then you wouldn't necessarily need a battery Just my 2 cents :ride:

Get WR stator. I put one on my '01 YZ526. Got the wr head light and rear fender. Got mine lic. in AZ.

Get WR stator. I put one on my '01 YZ526. Got the wr head light and rear fender. Got mine lic. in AZ.
That would be a great idea if he had a 426, but to do that with an '04 YZ450, he would need the flywheel, stator, ignition cover, CDI & wiring, crankshaft, and crankcases, to name the big parts.

it seemed so easy for one post.. then not so easy.. i ooked online at some kits.. most of them look to for the wr... is that transferable?

it seemed so easy for one post.. then not so easy.. i ooked online at some kits.. most of them look to for the wr... is that transferable?
No...