Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CaptainKnobby

The wait is finally over!

22 posts in this topic

It finally arrived!

IMG00010.jpg

IMG00009.jpg

I went to the shop today to just talk with Robert my riding buddy who owns the Yamaha shop and see if he had herd of when the bike was goning to be in and to my amazement it was on the floor waiting on me.

He said it came in yesterday but he wasnt going to tell me but suprise me when I came down.

I'm glad it is here now. He told me I could go ahead and take it home if I wanted to but I told him I would just wait til wednesday. He kinda wanted it to set for a day or two for people to look at since he was just alocated one of them.

I sat on it and man is the suspension stiff on this ride and I'm at 175lbs.

Edited by CaptainKnobby

NICE! I would say take a ride and tell us how it is but being from VA I guess your in the same boat as me here in MD.

NICE! I would say take a ride and tell us how it is but being from VA I guess your in the same boat as me here in MD.

that is one reason why I didnt take it to the house. man we got hammered with the snow. Around 27 inches here but not like yal's 50+ inches.

If i would have brought it home i guess I would have put the FMF 4.1 full exhaust on and my rad braces and skid plate all by works connection.

Your just the right weight for that suspension.. It just takes about 4 hrs of hard riding to get it broken in. My other YZ's always broke in pretty quick ... not this one...

Have fun!

Whats the price tag on the new bikes?

i dont know how much it will be for sure cause he said he hadnt gotten the invoice on it yet but said i would probaly get it for $7500.00

i dont know how much it will be for sure cause he said he hadnt gotten the invoice on it yet but said i would probaly get it for $7500.00

Holy-crap! I paid 10,300 out the door(9000 before tax and stuff MSRP 9500). Canadian dollars, though...Congrats...Now you too can feel the pain of watching snow fall while your new baby sits. At least she is warm. Happy riding in spring!

My grand total was OTD was $7912.00 said shipping had went up to $250.00 and then I paid our states sale's tax then $12.00 title fee.

Did you start it yet, I hear they are a bitch to start in the cold. :ride:

Just kidding...good luck with the new bike.

My grand total was OTD was $7912.00 said shipping had went up to $250.00 and then I paid our states sale's tax then $12.00 title fee.

7500.00 out the door

in ga.

I have the bike here at the house now and I'm putting on my full FMF 4.1 exhaust. When I get it on I will take a pic and post it.

I'll then put my skid plate on and the radiator braces by works connection and take a pic.

I'll start on the graphics tommorow.

I have everything on now but the graphics so here is the pics of the braces and skid plate by works connection and the full FMF 4.1 exhaust.

DSC01135.jpg

DSC01133.jpg

DSC01132.jpg

DSC01131.jpg

DSC01128.jpg

DSC01129.jpg

Here is the skid plate.........The only thing I dont like about this.......is that there is no room to get a socket or a wrench up through the skidplte hole to take the oil drain plug off.....nor is there a way to get to the oil plug above the frame rail.

Looks like you will have to take the skid plate off in order to take the drain plug off. Might be able to get to it by just taking the one bolt off at the back and pull down on the skidplate a little to gain access to the oil drain bolt.......but will have to experiment.

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01136.jpg

DSC01139.jpg

Here is some pics (if you can tell) of how small a space there is to get to the oil drain plug. Doesnt look like one will be able to change the oil unless you pull the plate off every time or just take the back bolt off the plate and pull it down a little. May just have to take it off everytime when changing the oil.

DSC01144.jpg

DSC01143.jpg

DSC01141.jpg

DSC01146.jpg

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01145.jpg

Edited by CaptainKnobby

Here is a pic of the left side panel and the front plate with the graphics on that I did this morning. These turned out real well, just hope the rest do.

DSC01148.jpg

DSC01150.jpg

DSC01149.jpg

I will post more when I get them on.

I have one side of the bike completed and the front and rear fenders.

I may do a little more but am going to stop for the day and just stare at it:cool:

DSC01158.jpg

The front fender tip decal and the arch's were pretty easy.

DSC01157.jpg

The decal on the tank was pretty tricky but the shroud was fairly easy.

DSC01156.jpg

The rear fender was kinda a pain but you just had to keep working at it with heat and making sure you got all the air bubbles out. It turned out rear well......better than i thought it would......Looks real slick

DSC01155.jpg

I'll take a couple days off from working on it and finish the decals up monday

I'll post back then with the finished product.