WD40 Spray on Engine

yeah wd is an oil, and if its not washed off correctly will actually attract and hold onto dirt and stain your metal. before i wash my bike i grab a bottle of simple green and spray the WHOLE thing down, then let it soak all in. i try my best to get the hubs as good as i can, the crankcase and the pieces of the engine between the frame where a rag cant get. let it soak in and hit it with a hose. or pressure washer if you would like. it makes it looks brand new! and is not oil based. actually a degreaser. ride on

+1 on the simple green. works wonders. i only had about 4-5 rides on my bike and had washed it after every ride. thought it looked damn good still, then i used some simple green and was amazed at how much better it looked. also seems to put down a little barrier cause water will bead up after you rinse it off. i also get a gallon of the consentrate from home depot for $10 and a spray bottle and mix my own. year later and i still have 3/4 of a gallon left.

Yes, Simple Green is awesome, I wash my bike down with it every time I am done riding. Spray it off and then spray wd40 on the engine, exhaust and swing arm...bike still looks like it did the day I bought it.

...Dont use that purple power...It works better that simple green but will stain the aluminum! I used it on my old RMZ and it was a bad scene.

+1 on the simple green. works wonders. i only had about 4-5 rides on my bike and had washed it after every ride. thought it looked damn good still, then i used some simple green and was amazed at how much better it looked. also seems to put down a little barrier cause water will bead up after you rinse it off. i also get a gallon of the consentrate from home depot for $10 and a spray bottle and mix my own. year later and i still have 3/4 of a gallon left.

+2 i have 3 gallons of it in the garage :ride:

Simple Green is where its at. I dillute mine 60-40water and it works great. I dont like full strength as it seems to not bubble up as well. On some stuff we use at work, dilluted works way better than full strength, so I am a believer in the dillution ratios on the bottle..... Ill pass on the WD40 though. :ride:

I use a product called Awesome. Get it from Dollar General store. it is cheap and works great! Best thing is it doesn't eat the oil out of the plastic. Simple Green will eventually fade the plastic. Another point for Awesome is it doesn't leave any surface residue which makes it great for goggle lens also!:ride:

A friend of mine gave me a couple of cans of Black Magic express spray wax. It's spray car wax. I got some on the black plastic of the car and it worked like armore all without the greasy film. I tried it on the plastics of the bike and everything washed right off the plastics with the power of a garden hose. I didn't try it on the engine, but I would think that it would be ok as long as it isn't dripping off. I made the mistake of putting it on the side number plates and it made them so slippery that I had to wipe it off with brake cleaner becasue he couldn't squeeze the bike with his legs. It shined it up real good and it goes on wet or dry. It doesn't dry to a haze like normal car wax.

I have been using Tide with Bleach (powder) for many years and you will be amazed at how clean it gets the bike. No soaking required. Everyone always asked why my bikes look so clean. I just spray down the bike with a hose (carefully) and wash with a car wash cloth. I use about 3/4 of the little measuring scoop that comes with the Tide with Bleach. It's mild but really gets the dirt and grease off. Works great on our Laundry as well :ride:

If its really dirty I use a nylon micro fiber brush, then wash my bike with simple green, then let my bike dry, and then use silver polish on the alu and finaly a coating of teflon based spray oil. But if it just a little dirty compressed air, nylon brush and a rag. Try not to spray the linkage bearings, swingarm bearings, steering head bearings, wheel bearings ect. Dont forget to greasae up yer chain...

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=83972

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=84037