MXA Online Test of Dr D's '10 450

Like the bar clamps on your '06, the mounting bolts are off center from the handlebar bores, so that they can be turned either forward or back, moving the bars 10mm or so in the process. Unlike your bike, the '10 has a second set of mounting holes in the clamp, which are spaced so that there are a total of 4 bar mounting positions.

Like the bar clamps on your '06, the mounting bolts are off center from the handlebar bores, so that they can be turned either forward or back, moving the bars 10mm or so in the process. Unlike your bike, the '10 has a second set of mounting holes in the clamp, which are spaced so that there are a total of 4 bar mounting positions.

I knew they had extra holes in the upper triple, but when the article said eccentric I wasn't thinking just flipping the bar mounts.

Does that mean I don't need the tuner, just get the DR D exhaust, and run stock mapping?

You do not need the tuner for any exhaust. The tuner lets you change power delivery, and if you do any mods; lets you tune yer bike to get the most out of the mods. Do you have to have it? NO. Is it fun to play with, and nice to change the power for diffrent types of tracks and terrain and to compliment any mods? ABSOLUTLY!:ride:

Thanx MX4Life...to Crankenstein: I would like to get one eventually, but so far my bike is 10300(CAN) out the door, ( Wife took a double take on that one) and with my sprockets, chain, and Dr D, ( actually in is labeled GYTR..but it is the same), 11,000 is staring me in the face. My parts bill for my 250f came to 1900 samolies and I am replacing my Tech 10s and helmet as well as buying a leatt. My biking budget needed some tweeking...

As to the need for the tuner, note that while it was said that Doug used stock settings for the pipe, it was never specifically stated how he went about getting rid of the off idle "jolt"; whether that was the pipe that did that (unlikely) or something tweaked with the tuner.

I knew they had extra holes in the upper triple, but when the article said eccentric I wasn't thinking just flipping the bar mounts.
It was technically correct, but it wasn't really a conventional use of "eccentric".