HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bphawk48

Problem-nedd help

6 posts in this topic

Remove all Advertisements

I have an 01 WR426. Been runinng awesome. Have been checking the oil/coolant before every ride. Road over to my buddys house and right as I got there it started steaming and overheated(Twice actually, after put water in it). I don't see it leaking coolant anywhere? I figured with it dumping that much I would see it? Any thoughts on this? Thanks

I have an 01 WR426. Been runinng awesome. Have been checking the oil/coolant before every ride. Road over to my buddys house and right as I got there it started steaming and overheated(Twice actually, after put water in it). I don't see it leaking coolant anywhere? I figured with it dumping that much I would see it? Any thoughts on this? Thanks

did you check the oil?

did you check the oil?

I'm gonna do that tommorrow. Thats a head gasket right? That a tough replacememt?

try a new radiator cap part store ford ranger v6 3.0 year 2000 fits your radiator if its not that check for pinched breather tube have you had your seat or gas tank off lately if its not that oder new gasket set because its probly a head gasget only cost me 45 dollers to do mine but im good with tools if you have a manual its pretty easy fix good luck.

:eek::ride::smirk::ride:

....and don't use tap water in your radiator!! It's full of calcium and will destroy the water passages. Use Distilled and a coolant mixture, or a 'non-water' fluid like Water Wetter.

Water pump issue maybe ?