HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AR76

muffler repack 05 wr 450

6 posts in this topic

What is the eassiest way to repack an 05 wr 450? it continuestly bunches up and does not seem to want to fit into the sleeve. is there a specific type of packing to use? am I able to tape the hell out of it and then the tape will burn off? Help me out please.

What is the eassiest way to repack an 05 wr 450? it continuestly bunches up and does not seem to want to fit into the sleeve. is there a specific type of packing to use? am I able to tape the hell out of it and then the tape will burn off? Help me out please.

I repacked a pro circuit muffler for a previous bike that had material similar to this wrapped around it. I bought the pipe brand new so I guess thats what PC used.

MESH_TAPE_1502.JPG

I just happened to have some of the stuff up on the work bench. The nice thing about doing it this way is it packs the packing in tight and it lasts a long time.

Repack it by replacing the silencer with one from a YZ450 so you bike will run like its ment to

Repack it by replacing the silencer with one from a YZ450 so you bike will run like its ment to

Isn't that the truth??? What a difference the bigger diameter mid-pipe and free-er flowing exhaust makes!! Wheelie machine!

I use plain old masking tape to tape mine up and it just burns off or releases once things heat up. Got this tip off the FMF site and it's worked for me.