procircuit ti4 wiggles back and forth

i had one and had the same problem as you stealman and it drove me nuts...it would visibly wiggle when you would rev the bike like the bolts were all loose even did it just idling ....i could grab it and it wiggled ..so what i did was took it off the bike and "peened" the outer pipe all the way around the edge...it tightened it up nicely and stopped all the looseness....it eventually works itself loose again...so it was one of the things id end up having to redo every couple weeks..but well worth the 10 mins to not have guys tell me that my silencer looked like it was loose 20 times a day..lol

i had one and had the same problem as you stealman and it drove me nuts...it would visibly wiggle when you would rev the bike like the bolts were all loose even did it just idling ....i could grab it and it wiggled ..so what i did was took it off the bike and "peened" the outer pipe all the way around the edge...it tightened it up nicely and stopped all the looseness....it eventually works itself loose again...so it was one of the things id end up having to redo every couple weeks..but well worth the 10 mins to not have guys tell me that my silencer looked like it was loose 20 times a day..lol

So how did you do that? Did you use a hammer and a punch and make dimples all the way around? Please explain how you accomplished the peening.

Thanks.

its been a couple years and concussions ago since i had that exhaust lol so the exact mental picture of the joint escapes me....but this is the procedure i used...i removed the can with midpipe attached...set the joint on the edge of a 6"x6"x6" wood post cutoff i had laying around on the garage floor....took a medium sized ball peen hammer and holding the can with one hand and hammer in the other started hitting the very edge of the outer pipe with the peening end of the hammer and rotated the can so i was essentially "rolling the edge" of the outer pipe tighter to the inner....and i would do it all the way around ..not hitting so hard that it would take it out of round...but it doesnt take much to work the ti over the inner tightening it up...it worked well enough for me at the time that i could when finished grab the can when installed and not be able to move it at all with moderate force....but as i said it would only stay tight for a while ..riding 5-6 hrs a week would last 3-4 weeks before id have to redo it...hope this is of some help!!:ride:

Edited by bendover932