Geomax tire opinions

I have installed a Geomax 31 on the front and a 51 in the rear on my 09 YZF 450. Seem to be working well.

Graycar, is this the combo you are running?

I also am running the Tubliss in the front and rear and give them a 10 rating. Running 10 psi front and rear.

I went with 31/31, love the front and it's holding up well...

Hate the rear in anything but really, really soft conditions, and wore out the knobbies super fast...

Will try a 51 on the rear very soon...I'm still riding with the worn out 31 knobbies on hard dirt a little more as it has been helping my ability and comfort with the bike sliding/drifting...Has made for some fun heart pounding moments doing switchbacks in the cliffs...

At one time last summer, I had an MX31/952 (F/R) combo, and I felt the 31 was the best front I had used up to that point. Then I tried a 31/31. Taking that to the desert, I wasn't impressed with the 31 rear at all. It just never had very good traction in the harder sections, and oddly, didn't work very well in sand. Although I generally liked the 31 front in most softer and medium to medium hard stuff, it was a bit disappointing in the sand, too. The 31 rear doesn't wear well at all, either, as noted.

Then I tried the MX51 rear, and it was very impressive. Traction is excellent, wear is excellent, just a really great tire. It worked so well that I had to try one up front, and I'm glad I did.

I have run the 51/51 and just recently switched to the 31 front 51 rear. Love it! The 51 is great in intermediate terrain as it is intended, but struggles in the softer stuff. Packs up quick and doesnt clean easily. The 31 has a GREAT feel and works killer thus far. 51 rears are by far the best I have run yet. Excellent traction and long life. No chunking even in some of the more rocky races we had last year. Dunlops are tops in my book!

I can give an update when the frigging 2 feet of snow clears up!!

Yeah I thought we had it bad with the snow, but YOU are truly buried.:-o

Hope it clears up by springtime . . .

BTW tire combo that I currently have, and works great is 952 front/MX51 rear.

I though they stopped making the 756?
Nope. They stopped making the 756RR.
I had the 51 front and back and it was good but to me the 51 back wore just as fast as a 756. I got the 756 front and back now only paid $100 for both and I like the 756 rear better then the 51 rear. Front feels about the same.
Sorry, I refuse to believe that, based on experience with both tires. I think most 756 users will have trouble with it as well.

Here's what my MX51 looked like after 4 desert races and a free ride or two:

IMG_1206.jpg?t=1265767755

A 756 would have been gone by that time. That same tire is still on there, and doesn't look that much different. The MX31 is a whole different thing, and might actually wear faster than a 756, but the MX51 is just incredible.

For the front I had been a huge fan of the M-12 but when I tried out an MX-51 I was sold...works on everything and holds up better.

I have an MX-31 on the back which has worked out great in the muddy conditions up here but it is pretty sketchy on dry terrain (but that's not what it was made for) and I would say that it has worn excellent although now entire knobs are now ripping completely off the tire. That said, I have had it on for 3-1/2 months now and have ridden it in thick western WA mud, eastern WA basalt, Boulders OHV in Arizona, a track day in Apache Jct, AZ, Glamis, and Mojave. I'd say I got my use out of it! (Btw, it worked great at Glamis at zero PSI with my Tubliss!)

The 51 is a great rear tire that I will go back to now that spring is approaching...the traction is excellent everywhere although I do think they wear somewhat quickly, but not nearly as fast as a 756.