HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brians05wr450

05 wr 450F reving problem

2 posts in this topic

The bike was running irraticly and i was told to clean the carb. So I pulled the carb apart and cleaned it with carb cleaner. I cleaned all holes passages all 6 jets everything it is spotless! I am 99.5% sure that I assembled it correctly I even disassembled a second time to double check!!! When i start the bike with no throttel cables conected and the idel screw backed off all the way the engine revs up to around 5 to 6 k I checked the rubber boot by spraying it with carb cleaner while it was running and no change has any one had any similer problems with their wr or any other bikes?????

ALL SUGESTIONS ARE WELCOME ANYTHING WHATEVER YOU GUYS GOT

THANKS IN ADVANCE

BRIAN

I would attach the cables and try it again.....or, because chances are it will happen even with the cables attached, pull the carb and re-verify things are assembled correctly. Do you have the hot start cable installed? Mess with the "fuel enrichment circuit", aka choke? Something's not set in there correctly....