DO I NEED TO REJET MY CARB???

I JUST BOUGHT MY 426 LAST FRIDAY AND HAVE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE BIKE GETTING TOO MUCH FUEL WHEN I AM OFF THE THROTTLE! IT WILL SOMETIMES STAUL, THEN WILL NOT RESTART!NOT EVEN WITH THE HOT START! I DON'T KNOW IF THE STOCK JETTING IS TOO RICH OR NOT! I HAVE BEEN THROUGH A FEW PLUGS ALREADY! I LOVE THE BIKE JUST GOTTA' FIGURE IT OUT!

I have an 01 426, too, same problem happened to me. I leaned the needle 1 pos, the pilot screw is 2 turns out, and the idle is about 1900 rpm, a little high, but these settings have completely eliminated my starting problem. I live in ct, and ride at about 800 ft above sea level, the only other problem, which is 98% cleared up is that on the stand, if i whack the throttle wide open (ala 2 stroke), there is a slight cough, no problem on the track, though, as i am a little gentler w/ the throttle, the only other thing it may be is to try a different accel pump. I hope this info is helpful.

I GOT IT FIGURED OUT NOW! JUST TOOK A COUPLE DAYS OF RIDING TO FIGURE THE BIKE OUT! THANKS FOR YOUR INFO THOUGH! I CLIMBED THIS HILL NEAR MY HOUSE TODAY THAT A 250 WONT (MAYBE A BUILT 250 CAN)CLIMB AND MY BIKE FLEW UP IT FROM A DEAD STOP! I THINK I WAS DOING 60-70 UP IT! THESE BIKES ARE AWESOME!!!