Cams for 09

After all this discussion, I decided to purchase an 06 cdi for my 09 yz450. I have the stock cams and a Dr.D pipe. After I receive it I will have a friend swap cdi's back and forth not telling me which cdi is on the bike. Stand by!

Done correctly, that would be a good test. Be sure to post.

After all this discussion, I decided to purchase an 06 cdi for my 09 yz450. I have the stock cams and a Dr.D pipe. After I receive it I will have a friend swap cdi's back and forth not telling me which cdi is on the bike. Stand by!

Yeah man!:thumbsup: Keep us updated.

I went up one on the pilot and main jets, Dr.D system 94 db custom. 13/51 tooth on the sprockets. My best set up for sure.

I went up one on the pilot and main jets, Dr.D system 94 db custom. 13/51 tooth on the sprockets. My best set up for sure.

Are you having to shift alot with that 51 rear? How's the power delivered?

No problems with shifting alot. 3rd and 4th all the time on just about any track outdoors. Killer bottom end and great top end because of the pipe. At the us nationals, active8 racing only has 13/51 available. That`s how popular it is.

Have you tried stock gearing w/Dr.D and jetting changes? If so what was you impression? What type of tracks do you run, tighter supercross style or open w/ long straights etc.?

Yup, I tried that set up and it just wasn`t enough out of the turns and the start. I run the same set up for the nationals all summer and run that in arenacross also. It`s golden!

Sweet, Thanks for the tip.:thumbsup:

Word.

Im doing the same with sons bike. he doesnt know I swithed cams. I also put back on his stock cdi to see what that does then I will change cdi. will be riding a big outdoor track this weekend

He rode his 07 with 06 cams 07 cdi. He liked but didnt know it till I put 06 cdi on. He didnt like it. Put 07 box back on and loves it. So this notso scienctific test. 06 cdi with 07 cams= more hit but not as much as 06 box and cams that I like.

He rode his 07 with 06 cams 07 cdi. He liked but didnt know it till I put 06 cdi on. He didnt like it. Put 07 box back on and loves it. So this notso scienctific test. 06 cdi with 07 cams= more hit but not as much as 06 box and cams that I like.

So, 06 cams w/06 CDI has too much of a hit (power) and when you put the 07 CDI on, it broadens the power (smoother)?

Wonder how GUNNER made out?

Still waiting for the 06 cdi to arrive.

I like the 06 cam and cdi cmbo. Ive always liked lots of bottom end. He liked some more bottom end but not as much as mine. So I think you can use either one to achieve more hit. Cdi is alot easier to change. 6 minutes verse's 60 minutes.

Still waiting for the 06 cdi to arrive.

Still waiting for cdi to arrive.

Graycar, I bought a used 06 cdi. Will there be an I'd # on it to verify that is indeed from an 06?

It may or may not have a traceable part number on the unit.

It may or may not have a traceable part number on the unit.

Just pulled the cdi off my 09 and it has 34P-00 and a 8 6 6 below that. Can someone with an 06 post the numbers from the cdi please.

I'm guessing 2S2-00. Just guessing. I may get a chance to look later.

I'm guessing 2S2-00. Just guessing. I may get a chance to look later.

Anyone?