WRF 426 to a yam 450 engine?

recently i have blown up my 426, i was woundering if it was possible to buy a 450 engine from a yz or somthing similar that would give me a bit more power and would end up cheeper than rebuilding my current engine. and how it would fit and would it take any fabrication. any information or thoughts would be greatly apreciated. thanks

Jack

recently i have blown up my 426, i was woundering if it was possible to buy a 450 engine from a yz or somthing similar that would give me a bit more power and would end up cheeper than rebuilding my current engine. and how it would fit and would it take any fabrication. any information or thoughts would be greatly apreciated. thanks

Jack

What blew up on your 426?

It would take some fabrication but will physically fit. How much is your time worth to you, $20/hr $40/hr $80/hr or more? Not worth the time and effort in my book.

I see you are new here. You are able to seach through previous posts. I found one that might help you.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621277&highlight=450+426+motor+swap

Edited by wondermuscle
Search man search

Plus I think you'll need all the electrical wire harness cdi etc so I think it would be cheaper to fix it

Plus I think you'll need all the electrical wire harness cdi etc so I think it would be cheaper to fix it

Oh yeah, forgot about the electricals. Good call senior Lopez. :ride: