Correct Hone size.

http://www.brushresearch.com/brushes.php?c1=2

Just a quick note to this site if you, buy a hone from here just make sure you read the note order to bore size. 450= 95mm bore. They come oversize and if you order the 95mm which is the 3 and 3/4 it is approximetly 4 inches so they are all almost a quarter over whatever bore size you order. Just incase anyone needed this information.

4 inch will work. Check out the common sticky at the top of the page.

What he is saying is that Brush Research is currently producing hones listed by the size of the bore they are intended to refinish, and not by the actual size of the hone itself. In other words (almost the same ones he just used) the listed 3 3/4 hone is designed to finish a 3 3/4 inch bore, and as such is made with a hone diameter of around 4 inches. The gist of it is that you don't have to buy a larger size than the bore you're working with from this manufacturer.

It would be worth checking whether this is now a common practice with ball hones before buying. When last I bought one, it wasn't.

Yes. Thanks gray for fixing that. But that is exactly what i was trying to say.

http://www.brushresearch.com/brushes.php?c1=2

Just a quick note to this site if you, buy a hone from here just make sure you read the note order to bore size. 450= 95mm bore. They come oversize and if you order the 95mm which is the 3 and 3/4 it is approximetly 4 inches so they are all almost a quarter over whatever bore size you order. Just incase anyone needed this information.

NJDDog - What style did you buy, abrasive or another compound? What is recommended?

I havent purchased one yet, but from what i have learned. A 240 grit of either Aluminum Oxide or 25%zirconia 75%Alumina.