2010 YZ450 vs RMZ450 handling

I know its a biased forum but which bike handles better the 2010 YZ450 or the RMZ450. I hear the RMZ can get twitchie on fast straights but man I rode one and wow it falls into ruts so easy! I have a 08 YZ450 now which I love but looking for some input on the new 2010...

Thanks!

Edited by SoZo
added type of bike
I know its a biased forum but which bike handles better the 2010 YZ450 or the RMZ450. I hear the RMZ can get twitchie on fast straights but man I rode one and wow it falls into ruts so easy! I have a 08 YZ450 now which I love but looking for some input on the new 2010...

Thanks!

Well I have an 08 RMZ 450 which is the best turning bike I have ever ridden. I had an 06 YZ450F and it just didn't want to turn, I know some of you guys are happy with the turning of the bike but I never was. I've only got two rides on my 2010 YZ on an indoor track but the turning feels pretty much on par with the RMZ. The suspension on the Yamaha feels better than the RMZ, probably as plush as your 08. I think you will be really impressed with the either bike coming off of an 08 YZ450F. That's the opinion of an old C class rider, I wouldn't hesitate buying either bike. Hope it helps.

anyone else have more info. I'd like to read more comparisons.

anyone else have more info. I'd like to read more comparisons.

i think Pat Foster of Transworld Motocross already explained in detail (on a YZ450F video for 2010) how the bike really cornered well, its ultra-aggressive power off the bottom compared to the others, its plush suspension characteristics, and its high-speed straight-line stability.

You might wanna check him out at TWMX: http://motocross.transworld.net/1000083617/videos/2010-yamaha-yz450f-press-introduction/2/

Ciao!

ive never riden a bike as stable as the 10 yz450 personally... i ride offroad and see no need for a stabilizer and gota say the bike turns great too... i hated the older model yz's too and said i'd never own another. now i gota say this is the bet bike ive ever riden.

True. The last time I needed a stabilizer for my non-racing desert adventures was when I got off the Honda CRF in 2004-ish. I'm sure I'd have one on the Yamahas if I raced desert or rocks often.

As for the RMZ, typical suzuki cornering. Since 06 anything yellow craves and carves an inside line.

ive never riden a bike as stable as the 10 yz450 personally... i ride offroad and see no need for a stabilizer and gota say the bike turns great too... i hated the older model yz's too and said i'd never own another. now i gota say this is the bet bike ive ever riden.