2009 WR450f frame guard recommendation needed - redux

moderators - if this qualifies as a cross post, feel free to delete.

so it appears that Works Connection no longer making guards for my bike (https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=871364).

as such, i need to find an alternative. anyone have suggestions on a high quality aluminum complete set?

TIA

Edited by drick

I have them on my scoot Love them!!! and are durable.

how do they connect to the frame? i assume they are split along the back but is there some kind of adhesive that keeps them on? zip ties?

i can't tell from the picture on there sight, and there are no instructions on the installation page.

http://www.hyderacing.com/images/product/yamaha/hp_fg_2_l.jpg

they bolt to frame threads and also have couple of alloy hook shaped clamps that hook behind the subframe, easy fit, no mods required

sweet, i was hoping you guys weren't going to tell me that they were glued on or something like that.

i'm going to order some, seems like there is nothing else but carbon fiber crap available.

sweet, i was hoping you guys weren't going to tell me that they were glued on or something like that.

i'm going to order some, seems like there is nothing else but carbon fiber crap available.

yeah your right.... I wish I would have gotton the hyde ones instead of my junky lightspeed ones that barely fit

Post some close-up pics of them before and after you mount them:thumbsup:

How much did they cost you?

will do, my bike is disassembled again while i wait on Dave @ SPI to re-do suspension, so should have back together tomorrow.

man, the guys at hyde must use carrier pigeons for shipping as i made the order on the 4th and per ups the guards won't arrive until the 16th.. weak....

they were $70

Edited by drick

they bolt to frame threads and also have couple of alloy hook shaped clamps that hook behind the subframe, easy fit, no mods required

:ride:

just got them today FINALLY (10 business to arrive, sigh).. there are no clamps, hooks, or anything else but 4 zip ties included in the package?!?

did he forget to send them, or is the mounting kit extra? i'm going to be pissed if that is it for the mounting.

just got them today FINALLY (10 business to arrive, sigh).. there are no clamps, hooks, or anything else but 4 zip ties included in the package?!?

did he forget to send them, or is the mounting kit extra? i'm going to be pissed if that is it for the mounting.

From the picture on their website, it appears they are connected using the zip ties on the top and bottom.:ride:

I wonder if Kloss has a steel frame WR which might be diffeent:confused:

what year is your bike kloss, do you have the steel frame or aluminum like mine?

i believe he was referring to the yamaha ones, the hyde's i have seen use zip ties.

some people run a silicone bead around the edge because dirt gets trapped behind them and wears away the frame. unless you take em off each muddy ride.

this is turning out to be more hassle than it's worth. if that is indeed the case, then i think these are going back