HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rickbury1985

WRF 450 Cutting out ?????

5 posts in this topic

Please can anybody help, ive been having problems with my wrf 450 07 reg of late, when the throttle is opened up quickly then the engine cuts out, it has not always done this which makes me think the weather may have some affect with it being colder, I originally presumed it may have been the spark plug, that was changed but to no avail. at the time of when it started cutting out the bike had had no modifications done to it, I have recently carried out the free mods and removed the ais kit and im the process of fitting a jd jetting kit.

If anyody has any idea what may be causing this problem then please let me know.

many thanks

Please can anybody help, ive been having problems with my wrf 450 07 reg of late, when the throttle is opened up quickly then the engine cuts out, it has not always done this which makes me think the weather may have some affect with it being colder, I originally presumed it may have been the spark plug, that was changed but to no avail. at the time of when it started cutting out the bike had had no modifications done to it, I have recently carried out the free mods and removed the ais kit and im the process of fitting a jd jetting kit.

If anyody has any idea what may be causing this problem then please let me know.

many thanks

I would check that AIR PILOT. If you are installing the jet kit, go through all the jets thoroughly. That should be the issue. Something is plugged. The AIS should not have anything to do with it. Just take off that bowl and go from there+ carb cleaner. If they are hard to clean (jets), use fine wire or fine drill bits...

It can also be the Accelarator Pump timing...

Yes, on TT lots of people talk about the AP timing with there new FCR or different carbs there fitting to there bikes, but I would not mess with that on this issue unless you have a new carb or have made other mods before your problem. That never really needs to be touched on stock bikes.