Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bradh1976

09WR450 turn signal problems

9 posts in this topic

The blinkers have started flashing at a very fast speed and now sometimes wont work. All the bulbs are working and have also checked for bad connections and they all seem ok,I don't have a pocket tester to check for faults elsewhere so was wondering if anyone else has had the same fault?

Thanks

What kind of turn signals are you running (LED or bulbs)? Sounds like your flasher may be the problem.

If you are running stock bulbs, you may have a bad bulb. You won't be able to tell by just looking at it-filiment. Take one new bulb and with that one go through (swapping)the four till you get the bad one; if that is the issue. Let us know the results...

With the fault you described I doubt it is a bulb problem. It is much more likely that a flasher unit is the problem.

Edited by willy_fitz

With the fault you discribed I doubt it is a bulb problem. It is much more likely that a flasher unit is the problem.

Not trying to have a pissing contest, but I have seen it twice at the shop over the years. Flashers going bad are not too common. It's worth the 5 minutes.

If the fault occurs when the signals are turn on in only the one direction then the fault could be in the bulb. However it sounds from the original description that the fault occurs regardless of which direction is selected. If this is true then the flasher unit is suspect.

Not trying to have a pissing contest, but I have seen it twice at the shop over the years. Flashers going bad are not too common. It's worth the 5 minutes.

Mine went bad.

Thanks for the advice guy's ,located the flasher, turns out their not water proof so the first time you do a valve check and the rubber strap holding it in is broken make sure you zip tie it in with the connection facing down.