HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
focker811

fuel milage YZ450

10 posts in this topic

i did a search for this but all it really turned up was WR mileage.

I am doing a ride with a new group and its going to be the longest ride i have done without stopping by the truck for gas.

I ride a 2006 yz450 with a dr.d system and a jd jetkit and a stock tank... riding in the desert... any ideas what i should expect for mileage

I've gone 53 miles with my stock 1.6 gal tank on my 04. It was running on fumes when I got back to the truck...

My 07 YZ450 was terrible. I used to get 20-22 mpg on singletrack and I was jetted for 8000+ feet so I was lean, I can't imagine that bike at sea level.

A hard question to answer because it relies heavily on how you ride the bike. If you ride alot of tight single track, then the mileage is worse due to the shot of gas every time you let off and then roll on the throttle ie: I usually get much better mileage than my riding buddy who is constantly blipping the throttle - same bikes. If you tend to drop the bike quite often, you lose the fuel in the bowl out the vent tube. If you ride a fairly steady pace with not too much " throttle jockey " action you will get better mileage. Only you know how you ride and it's not always the jetting that makes or breaks the mileage on an off road bike. Best to carry some gas or stow some at the halfway point if you can. WR Dave

my 04 yz 450 gets around 35 to the gallon. I also go on long rides. I always cary a 32 oz gatoraide bottle of gas. seems to be plenty for the ridin i do

we ended up doing a 64 mile ride with a bunch of hill climbing and it was a full tank plus 3 gatoraide bottles...

A hard question to answer because it relies heavily on how you ride the bike. If you ride alot of tight single track, then the mileage is worse due to the shot of gas every time you let off and then roll on the throttle ie: I usually get much better mileage than my riding buddy who is constantly blipping the throttle - same bikes. If you tend to drop the bike quite often, you lose the fuel in the bowl out the vent tube. If you ride a fairly steady pace with not too much " throttle jockey " action you will get better mileage. Only you know how you ride and it's not always the jetting that makes or breaks the mileage on an off road bike. Best to carry some gas or stow some at the halfway point if you can. WR Dave

As you can see people are all over the place on mpg results. I would just follow the advice above. Figuring out what you get on your bike for mpg is the only way you'll ever know what to expect.

On my '04 YZ450 I got about an average of 47miles out of the stock tank in wooded desert conditions. I was always running out lol.