Electrosport Looking for YZ250/400/426/450F For Lighting Stator Testing

+1

Do you offer a charging stator for a 01 YZ250 smoker? Any wattage would do.

Yes we do, our part number is ESL391.

You can see it here:

http://www.electrosport.com/products/product-detail-1782.php

35W Lighting output.

By 'charging stator' did you mean to run lights?

Or were you referring to charging a battery?

If so, 35W will not be enough to reliably charge any decent size battery,

but will drive a halogen headlight just fine.

Yes we do, our part number is ESL391.

You can see it here:

http://www.electrosport.com/products/product-detail-1782.php

35W Lighting output.

By 'charging stator' did you mean to run lights?

Or were you referring to charging a battery?

If so, 35W will not be enough to reliably charge any decent size battery,

but will drive a halogen headlight just fine.

My YZ smoker was processed when new with a street title and I have always wanted to make it into a dualsport. I do not like the idea of having lights that stop when the motor dies.....I fear stalling it at a light at night and getting rear ended because the driver did not see me without lights........ so I want a small battery for longer lasting power.

Will you be at Indy?

My YZ smoker was processed when new with a street title and I have always wanted to make it into a dualsport. I do not like the idea of having lights that stop when the motor dies.....I fear stalling it at a light at night and getting rear ended because the driver did not see me without lights........ so I want a small battery for longer lasting power.

Will you be at Indy?

Yes I'll be at Indy at the Electrosport booth. My name is Evan, definitely stop by and say hi!

You will really have trouble trying to keep a battery charged with only a 35W output. On a 2 stroke bike like your YZ, running AC lighting is really the only reliable way to do it, unless you have E-Line external stator setup, but I'm not sure if they made those for YZ's?

You could wire in a small battery in parallel with an on/off switch, and when you need to run the light with the engine off, throw the switch and run it off the battery. Just make sure you turn the switch off to isolate the battery from the AC lighting circuit before starting the bike again!

Gray - Yep, Mr Unreasonable , that's me! LOL

Scoot - thanks for the vote of confidence, it would be sooo nice to get something reliable for our bikes. I am just SOOOOOOOOO grateful that when both of mine fried, my bike was in my garage and not 30 miles from home! ( my bike is street ridden, and I don't have a truck waiting nearby ) I really would prefer to have a stator - based setup for our bikes instead of having to use battery power for the lights and have the hassle of recharging for every single ride!

I know you guys have heard me griping a lot on here - and rightfully so I think!!! ( see previous 2 posts in this thread ) But I really am rooting for Electrosport to get this right and have a great product! If it's reliable, I'll be the first to sing it's praises!

Sorry SwatDoc I meant to reply to you yesterday.

I'm very sorry for any problems you've experienced in the past with our YZF lighting stators. I'm still in the testing phase with our new ESL380/ESL387 stator, and I am happy with the results so far.

When I am happy with the performance and go to production soon, I will let you guys know.

SwatDoc, for the trouble I will send you a new production stator for your bike to review for the guys here on Thumpertalk. Send me an email with your contact info and phone # at evan@electrosport.com

Evan

Thank you Evan - that's very nice of you and I'll definitely take you up on the offer. I'll be happy to test the new unit and report back to the Thumpertalk guys. I just sent you and email.

thanks again!

You got it SwatDoc.

I never got an email from you though?

Evan - I've tried to email you twice from both hawaiiantel and also hotmail accounts and both times the mail is returned as undeliverable. Do you have another email address I could try?

PM sent SwatDoc

Soooo any update on this new design? Did it work or still unreliable?

hey what up my if you still need a test bike you can use mine for a while I am currently in Iraq and wont be riding for a bit. I have a 04 yz450f hit me up