wr motard anyone??

Hi all. Wondering what would be required to convert my 99 wr 400 into a motard, has anyone done it? what wheels did you use? i heard that cbr wheels fit, however without having easy access to a set it's a bit hard to confirm. can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

I converted my 2003 WR450 and my 2007 WR450 over to Supermotard.

I had Excel 17" wheels on my 2003 WR, and they were very nice but expensive. I had about $1,600 USD into this setup.

RightSide.jpg

On my 2007 WR, I went with WARP9 17" wheels. They came as a package, with rear sprocket, bearings, front caliper relocator, and front & rear discs. This package was only $895 USD. Here is a link to their website: http://www.warp9racing.com/supermoto/supermoto.php

IMG_6077.jpg

For gearing, I went with 15/45 on my 2007. This gave a nice 60mph cruising speed, while still being able to power up 3rd gear wheelies. Top speed was about 105 mph.

Here is a little advice- you could get a set of Maxxis ProMax street tires for your stock 21/18 dirt rims. You can get both front & rear tires for about $120. This is called the "Sportsman Setup", and will give you just as much fun as full on 17" wheels, with little investment.

img_6421.jpg

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hey I convert it my wr400 to sm also even know just was able to take for 3 rides(got electrical problems) that's cool that u have two wr's, nice set ups

my 2005.

DSCF0347.jpg

Thanks guys, gunna see what i can sort out, at least theres a few options!!

keep us posted what you come up with. Wanting to motard my 426 but do not want to spend a fortune on it. still want to ride in the dirt too.