HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DRich43

03-05, 06-09 Wheel fitment?

4 posts in this topic

Hello All,

A quick question, I have a 05 YZ450 and was wondering if 06-09 wheels (Front and Rear) will fit on my Bike? I have the opportunity to buy a set of 07 wheels and was just want to make sure there are no issues.

Thanks,

Dave

I'm running the front wheel I had on my '00 426 on my '09 450. The '09 axle wasn't long enough to get the nut on, so I should have changed out the spacers. Instead I had an extra early style front axle so I used that, works fine now. I believe the change to the shorter axle happened in '08 so '07 and earlier should just bolt right on, but it might need a spacer change. I'm sure Grayracer will show up and shed some light on that for you. The rear should be a straight bolt on.

Thanks guys...Im going tomorrow and buying a perfect pair of wheels from a 07...for $300 with new tries and bearings!

Take care and again thanks for the quick info!