HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dirty Sanchez

Intellijet/Dial-a-jet?

11 posts in this topic

I never knew this product existed until I saw it in the latest Dirtbike mag.

Does this really work that well? Why don't more people use it? I loathe jetting my bike and would love having the qualities of FI on my 2 stroke.

Inform me please.

Yrs. ago used to use these on snowmobiles,they worked alright.Surprised there still around,never thought about useing on dirtbike but jetting changes are much simpler on these.

Dialing in your jetting on the fly via remote bar mount dial seems like a no-brainer to me. MXA gave it 5 stars and we know how picky those guys are. If nobody says anything bad, I'm buying one asap.

As I've said in your other post. I'm sold. I've got 12 years and 45,000 miles along with a number of modifications all covered by the Dial-A-Jet.

By the way, if you want more information the people at Thunder Products are great to talk to. I spent some time talking with them when I ordered one for a fellow KLX650 rider in Singapore.

It's a darn site easier to do the one installation than tearing down a carb several times for jetting changes.

Dialing in your jetting on the fly via remote bar mount dial seems like a no-brainer to me. MXA gave it 5 stars and we know how picky those guys are. If nobody says anything bad, I'm buying one asap.

This was actually brought up in the CRF450R section and I was really interested in it but no one ever posted whether or not it was any good.

Its very interesting, Ive just been on Thunder Products site doing some reading, Im also going to try to follow up on reviews, one thing for sure, its peaking my interest.

Wow, I'm bookmarking this site. I don't have a problem with replacing jets, but this sounds like a great product? It's not insanely priced either.

Think about your carb. Is the fuel usage linear? Why do you think you have a pilot ciruct, a straight diameter part of the needle, a taper, and a length/clip position and a main jet. All these parts with different metering abilities. You honestly think a single device will work?

It has been around for years and never taken off, why do you think that is? Certainly not a conspiracy like the 500mpg carburetor......

Devices like this have a place. Engines that run only at WOT, I bet they are great. It is a lot like an adjustable wrench. Sure it can fit any bolt. But does it fit well and always do a good job? But for those that doubt me, buy one, but first make sure you can return it.

After reading more, it came down to, do I really need it, where I ride usually just requires switching from blue to red needle in the hot months.

The snowmobile guys liked the dial a jet but I had a hard time finding out where and what kind of changes of temp and elevations they were getting into.