HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
richwin

Value of a 1999 WR400F

4 posts in this topic

I have come across a 1999 WR400F (pic included) and have been reading that they are very reliable. I would like to know what you think would be a reasonable price to pay for this bike. The guy is asking 1900 or best offer. I am just looking for a bike to spend time with my son as he learns to ride. This bike looks really clean. I look forward to your opinion, and appreciate your time.

3k23m33o75O85Te5R2a1m2564bc1fb2761252.jpg

Thanks, Marc

Almost 2 years ago I paid 2200 for my 99. Although the bike looked clean, soon after I found it wasn't taken very good care of. It is a tough bike, and mine has been a strong performer, but clearly I paid too much. The owner should be able to tell you ALOT about the bike in detail. Offer 1400, and work from there.

I have come across a 1999 WR400F (pic included) and have been reading that they are very reliable. I would like to know what you think would be a reasonable price to pay for this bike. The guy is asking 1900 or best offer. I am just looking for a bike to spend time with my son as he learns to ride. This bike looks really clean. I look forward to your opinion, and appreciate your time.

Thanks, Marc

It really depends on the condition of the bike and your location. Those bikes have a higher demand here in CO because they are such excellent trail bikes. Here, in beat up condition, this time of year it would be worth about $1350. During the summer in mint condition you would be lucky to find one for $2000.

But no matter what shape the bike's in, it's going to eventually need some maintainance and this bike is not the easiest bike to work on. I've bought two of these from guys who were looking for simpler bikes because all they did was follow their kids around. This bike is great at attacking difficult obstacles at high speeds. It's not so great at putting around behind a PW50.

If you think your kid will be flying through the woods at high speeds in the next couple years, then get the WR (it's a blast if you can handle it). But if the high speed stuff is a long way off, get something simpler. My suggestion: The XR400 and DR350 are both light weight, capable bikes that have enough power to go down any trail, but are easier to putt around on and require much less maintainance.

Pablo, Yeah I used to ride an 03 CRF450 and that thing was a rocket, but after thinking about what I am going to be doing I am looking for an XR400 or DRZ 400. This will suit riding with my son. Thanks for your reply.

Marc