HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HunterGSXR

2006 WR450.. is something missing?

7 posts in this topic

I apologize if this is a noob question :banghead: but I just picked this bike up a few days ago.. first dirt bike in 15+ years and I noticed that it looks to be missing a bolt on the right side here, as circled in the picture. What's that for?

wr450side.jpg

Edited by HunterGSXR
added photo

That is the drain for the spark plug well, which allows oil from a leaking cam cover gasket, or water from wherever, to drain away from the spark plug, rather than collecting there and then draining into the cylinder when the plug is removed.

it is a drain for the area where the spark plug goes in.... supposed to be like you see it..

neat bikes.. congrats and welcome...

That is the drain for the spark plug well, which allows oil from a leaking cam cover gasket, or water from wherever, to drain away from the spark plug, rather than collecting there and then draining into the cylinder when the plug is removed.

man i got to get quicker on the draw......nothing new to me...

Wow, a tie! :banghead:

and ties seem to go to the runner.... or moderator in this case.... all in fun sir

Awesome.. thanks for the quick responses guys. I'm sure I'll have some more noob WR questions once I get some seat time on it.

Can't wait to take this sucker out. Still need to find a spare rear wheel so I can keep a paddle on one of em.