2005 wr 450 HID kits.

So im sure that you guys have seen the HID conversion kits, i would like to run one, but i am not sure if i need to have my stater rewound before i do so.

Thoughts or ideas anyone??

Thanks,

Eric.

the wr put out ac voltage i suspect that hid needs a stable dc 12 volt supply unless they are designed to go on the ac supply

For 2005 model you should be okay, if you can't use the OEM headlight wiring to connect to the HID ballast, connect the ballast directly to the battery with a relay, that should work.

For 2005 model you should be okay, if you can't use the OEM headlight wiring to connect to the HID ballast, connect the ballast directly to the battery with a relay, that should work.

Huh???....As far as I know the electrical system in the WR is the same from 2003 - 2009. The oem headlight runs on AC and the DC circuit that charges the battery only puts out about 2 amps. It's woefully inadequate to supply an HID light. You need at a minimum to mod the stator and add a rectifer/regulator.

The oem headlight runs on AC and the DC circuit that charges the battery only puts out about 2 amps. It's woefully inadequate to supply an HID light. You need at a minimum to mod the stator and add a rectifer/regulator.

+1 :banghead:

thanks for that guys.

so would you rewind the stater, or just buy a bigger one?? :banghead: