aruggiero

2008 WR450 skid plate

33 posts in this topic

p1020948p.jpg

Heres a photo of the acerbis plate. looks ok, but not much protection around the sides. Also has never been used in anger (neither has the bike yet but thats another story!) so cant attest to its durability or strength..

dan

Edited by the_smoo
added a bigger pic!

I have the gytr bash plate on my 07 and love it. It's been put to the test for three years now with no issue's. Back then I remember getting it for $72 bucks, The Yamaha site list's it for $115+:banghead::crazy::bonk:

gytbashplate.jpg

my problem with the flatland is that it looks like the side plates dont go very high up, flying rocks (one of my main concerns) can just come flyin by, right above them and nail the case.... at least it seems so... maybe another picture head on at like the exhaust post level (level with the pipe) would help convince... please! haha

- on the acerbis plate, it looks kinda flimsy.... maybe not tho...

-can u post a couple pictures of the GYTR plate on the bike for me?

sorry i know im being needy.... thanks!

-nic

p1020948p.jpg

Heres a photo of the acerbis plate. looks ok, but not much protection around the sides. Also has never been used in anger (neither has the bike yet but thats another story!) so cant attest to its durability or strength..

dan

I got that one for christmas, havent put it on the bike yet...

How much was the GYTR plate, and the lightspeed plate? I am thinking of upgrading.

Light speed carbon fibre i think is the best and looks better than all the other plastic and aluminium ones.

DSCI0075.jpg

DSCI0081.jpg

I must agree. I like the look much better than my GYTR plate. Very nice looking.

How much was the GYTR plate, and the lightspeed plate? I am thinking of upgrading.

I think I paid $92 for the GYTR plate. I got it online. Not sure what the Lightspeed plate runs. I do like the look of it.

wow that lightspeed looks rad. their website says $199 for it, but i wouldn't mind spending an extra hundred if it works awesome... Have u tested it thoroughly yet? i would like to know how well they hold up compared to alum. units. i know carbon fiber is strong, but brittle, so once it cracks/fractures, it will shatter everywhere... kinda worried about the rock gardens we have out here...

-nic

That lightspeed looks really nice!!! Not sure how it would look on my 07 with the Grey case covers, looks nice on your 09 with the black case covers.:ride: