Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frank_z28

2010 reliability

51 posts in this topic

I know its soon to ask that kind of question but do you think the new 450 will be as reliable as the old generation?

Im about to go buy one but im worried if its gonna be as tough as my good ol 03 wr450 and 05 yz250 2st...

Thanks!

I know its soon to ask that kind of question but do you think the new 450 will be as reliable as the old generation?

Im about to go buy one but im worried if its gonna be as tough as my good ol 03 wr450 and 05 yz250 2st...

Thanks!

Seems like Yamaha only shiped these bikes to every country but the U.S.

I cant even get one yet at my dealer and other dealers around here dont have any either.

Looks like yamaha would get off their azz and get these things out to the public. I'm beginning to wonder if they even trust it since they arent turning loose of them.

21 hours on mine with no real problems yet. Valves haven't moved either. Pretty limited release it seems and only certain dealers are getting them, I know my dealer has got a few already.

My dealer said it still says january as for the delivery date. It must mean the end of january instead of the beginning.:banghead:

I am at 32hours on mine and its been great.No problems so far.I think with the new airbox design it should help dirt from getting into the motor as well.Ive been changing the oil every 2 hrs with rotella and everything still looks new.

I haven't heard anything because as others stated it is too new. Thirty two hours on a 2010 by January? Someone is doing a lot of riding!! :banghead:

I haven't heard anything because as others stated it is too new. Thirty two hours on a 2010 by January? Someone is doing a lot of riding!! :banghead:

I was thinking the same thing. I bet they have some deep ruts dug.

Yea I ride alot.haha.Usually 2-3 times during the week and then at least 1 day on the weekends.Average time on the bike is around 1.6 hours per ride day.

Yea I ride alot.haha.Usually 2-3 times during the week and then at least 1 day on the weekends.Average time on the bike is around 1.6 hours per ride day.

Are you running an hourmeter on your 2010?

Seen one take out 3 wins from 3 starts in vets mx last weekend ..was like it was on rails ...plenty of them it seems..down under

Question: Is there any room anywhere to make a bigger tank for this bike?
I can see several ways of adding capacity to it, but I'm not sure how much my ideas would add. It will be difficult to get it up around 2.8 or better without doing something unconventional.

Are you running an hourmeter on your 2010?

Alternatively you can buy the GYTR Power Tuner. If you plug this thing in, it shows the hours.

So the 2010 YZF450 has an "integrated hourmeter" stock, you only have to be able to read it out... :banghead:

Alternatively you can buy the GYTR Power Tuner. If you plug this thing in, it shows the hours.

So the 2010 YZF450 has an "integrated hourmeter" stock, you only have to be able to read it out... :banghead:

Good info, thanks!

So the 2010 YZF450 has an "integrated hourmeter" stock, you only have to be able to read it out... :bonk:

Wow, Thats great I never knew that. That is an awesome feature :banghead:

i have no idea as i dont own them. but unlike the yami, dont honda /kaw/suzu all need laptops for the tuners? its a computer program you plug into the bike, not a hand held unit like yami?