Coolant leak with pics?

Just took the bike out of storage to run for a few minutes and noticed coolant on the bottom of the new skid plate i installed. Can someone tell me where it is coming from seems like it is dripping down on the frame first before it collects on the skid plate.

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

If it looks like it's coming from higher up have a look with your flashlight at the upper coolant spigot coming off the cylinder head. My 07 hs been in heated storage (but still cool) the last 2 months and I noticed some coolant on my skid plate. Traced it to this spigot and ordered a new oring. Funny thing is I went riding the other day and from the heating and expanding of the oring it stopped leaking for a few days. Now it's slowly starting to leak again.

Cold weather shrinking your seals seems to make leaks spring up.

Temperature is about 10 degrees Fahrenheit so i tightened up all the hose clamps thinking that with the cold weather the metal may of shrunk and placed a rag under where it looks like it is coming from. The bike has about 1900 miles on it is it possible that it is coming from the weep hole?

The only time mine ever came out of the weephole was when it was hot outside and I was at low speeds, not getting enough air through the radiator.

The biggest problem is prolly all that white crap on the ground while you're trying to ride!

At the point that these pics were taken the bike hasn't been ran for about 4 weeks just sitting in storage. Installed the skid plate a week prior without starting the bike. The bike was just sitting in storage and the coolant pooled up like that.

Looks like water pump seal. Mine would only leak while setting and first minute after startup. Waiting for parts now.

K thanks will get the O-Ring tribalbc mentioned and the water pump shaft, 2 seals and bearing since it seems like I'm going to need it sooner or later. Better to have the parts on hand when troubleshooting then being stuck with the bike apart and not having what i need. Thanks please let me know if i need anything else to replace the impeller seals.

Thanks

K thanks will get the O-Ring tribalbc mentioned and the water pump shaft, 2 seals and bearing since it seems like I'm going to need it sooner or later. Better to have the parts on hand when troubleshooting then being stuck with the bike apart and not having what i need. Thanks please let me know if i need anything else to replace the impeller seals.

Thanks

If it's coming from the weep hole it will be pretty obvious thats the culprit. That was last winters storage for me. If thats the case, and the bike has lots of miles, you'll want to replace the impeller shaft and bearing as well as the 2 seals. They're all cheap parts.

Up here in Canada the parts are not as cheap as they are down in the US the Crankcase Cover Gasket, and 2 seals cost $50 so i ordered them to start and if i need the impeller shaft and bearings need to be replaced i will order them later. The bike has been sitting for a long period of time from the previous owner so i think that may be the root of the seals leaking and not because of lots of use. The impeller shaft is $60 and the bearing is another $20+. If i see no wear on the shaft and the bearing feels free is this a good indication that they do not need to be replaced?

Thanks again

Yes, good luck.