HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pembell

Got some sand on my 426...

7 posts in this topic

These dunes are about ten minutes north of our compound. The biggest risk is being hit by Saudis in Range Rovers or similar coming the other way over a dune!

Here's the googlemap link if anyone's interested.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=riyadh+saudi+arabia&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=11.406319,16.479492&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Riyadh,+Ar+Riyad,+Saudi+Arabia&ll=25.11325,46.662176&spn=0.009462,0.019205&t=h&z=16

You can see the dunes extend a fair way, but to the east is an astounding range. Zoom out and you'll see the huge sweep of sand. Not got there and not going! It's so easy to get lost out there and you never know who or what might be about....

I'm from WI and we see a lot of trees, creeks, rivers, woods and some sand, but good lord that is a lot of sand.

I'm from WI and we see a lot of trees, creeks, rivers, woods and some sand, but good lord that is a lot of sand.

And it gets EVERYWHERE.....:banghead: