HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ebola

WR400 wiring prob. pic

11 posts in this topic

Would someone be so kind as to post a pic of their stock wiring under their seat? Mine was hacked when I got it and have no reference to fix the problem. I would like to make my tail light work again. I checked the wiring diagram and was confused that the brake light wiring harness had 2 wires, but the bike has 3. Below is a pic of what mine looks like. TIA

IMG_2272.jpg

Blue is tail light.

black is earth.

yellow would be brake light.

The other 2 black wires leading to the right of the bike should go to a brake light switch.

So if you plug in the blue and black wires you should have a tail light. check the bulb aswell, it should have 2 filaments.

I checked the bulb and it is dual filament. I must be missing some kind of junction wire to bring 2 wires into one because I have 3 wires coming from the tail light and 4 wires on the bike side.

I suppose so, but still don't know what to connect to what. Electrical has never been my strong suit. Hence the request for a pic.

Here's my 99. The green and white (going left and down) go to pressure switch at the rear brake. Ignore the 3 fuse holders-their for the horn and other stuff.

Wire1.jpg

Most of the time whoever installs the break switch will splice another wire of the blue wire. It looks like your blue wire has had some elec tape added. Follow the wire farther back to see if there is another wire spliced onto it. If not then pull back that elec tape to see if the extra wire was covered up at some point.

4290934135_56e9fc0a05_o.jpg