Recently Bought a 06 yz450 and have ?

So i have been on here looking around and have seen all the treads about things to check when you have bought a 06 450 and trust me i will be going through the bikes motor to check that Cam Chain Stretch, all Bearings and linkages very soon......

Now from what i have been told is the bike has had a zip ty carb mod and it also came with a stainless yosh pipe and stock header. The bike seems to be running rich to me and back fires a bit with short little throttle blips and sometimes even bogs....Now i never talked to the guy that i bought the bike from and thats because i had my brother buy the bike for me while i was over seas. I know the bike was mainly used for wood use and other than that had been sitting for a while. I dont know how many hours are on the bike either.

From a dead cold start and it sitting for about 3 weeks it starts after 3 to 4 turns of the throttle and about 6 to 8 kicks. I dont think the bike is running horrible but i know it could run better....

So my question is, what the heck is a zip ty mod? what does it do? and how can you tell if you have had this mod done. Im not to savy with adjusting carbs so with my pipe and being in Virginia/NC what do you guys recommend?

One more thing when i try to kick start the bike when its in gear and the clutch pulled in the bike will move quite a bit like the clutch is not grabbing all the way and when ridding it does not engage until the lever is almost all the way out. Does it just need adjustment or a replacement.

I know this is a lot to take in in one post but bear with me guys....Thanks

I had an 06 and loved it. I usually changed the pilot jets in the summer and winter. I went from a 48 to a 45 with the change of temps.

Sorry I can't help you with the clutch.

Hey thanks for the response, now was that jetting for a stock 450 or do you have a aftermarket pipe on it. Also do you have any details on what that zip ty mod is all about.

Also do you have any details on what that zip ty mod is all about.

Theres tons of info on here about that just do a quick search. You'll read good and bad but most say good.

probably needs a new clutch -

also I found decent results replacing the NPLR needle with the 07 NFLR - tip from DRd and use a 45pj

search Zipty mod - jetting must be precise even with it or you will still be unhappy...

Hey thanks for the response, now was that jetting for a stock 450 or do you have a aftermarket pipe on it. Also do you have any details on what that zip ty mod is all about.

The pipe for me didn't change the need for jetting. It seemed like it would flame out if I chopped the throttle in the corner but once I got the pilot jet right it even felt like I added a few horsepower to it. Don't be afraid to try a few settings.