2010 First Ride

Got the bike out for the first time today. I'm coming off of a 2008 RMZ450 and I'm an old C class rider. First off the bike started good all day, about 6 kicks first thing this morning with a temp of around 36F and first or second kick after that. Anyone I let ride the bike had a little more trouble starting it than I did. Now to say that the power down low is abrupt is the truth. I changed to the slow map from MXA and it made a big difference for the better. The best part of the bike is the suspension, it was pretty nice even with zero hours on the bike so it should be even better after it breaks in. Coming off of the RM I'm use to a good turning bike and the new YZ turns very good. If your coming off of an older YZ450 you will really be impressed with the way that it turns. If you want to get one to make you faster I don't know if it will do the trick. But if you want a bike thats fun to ride, has good suspension and handles real good I would say go get one. Oh one more thing, the tuner is a must have tool.

Were you able to tune this out with the tuner?

Yes definitely, I had 5 maps in the tuner and only tried one but I could feel the difference right away.

There was an A rider there (district champ) that thought the stock map was pretty abrupt too so I installed the Jay Marmont Race Map in his bike. I didn't get to talk to him before I left but from the way he was tearing up the track I think he liked the map.

Yes definitely, I had 5 maps in the tuner and only tried one but I could feel the difference right away.

There was an A rider there (district champ) that thought the stock map was pretty abrupt too so I installed the Jay Marmont Race Map in his bike. I didn't get to talk to him before I left but from the way he was tearing up the track I think he liked the map.

What is/where do you find the jay marmont race map?

Thanks.