HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sro2004

Searching for SDG Tall Seat in Stock...

14 posts in this topic

Anybody have any industry contacts that can find me an SDG tall seat for a 2009 YZ450F in stock somewhere?

I've been backordered for weeks now at a large on-line retailer. :banghead:

...and no, I don't want to build my own seat, so don't go there! :bonk:

Thanks!

Sam

Thanks...but not quite right. The 03-05 seat is different than the 06-09...

Oops, sorry. Clicked on the wrong one. The link is now corrected to the 06-09 seat.

Hi tech...yeah, that's where I'm backordered. I talked to them (RMATV) a few days ago and they told me the date (1/15) isn't firm, just a projection and subject to change. They said a lot of their dates get pushed out...so don't be surprised if doesn't come in.

I emailed SDG with an inquiry...and I actually got a PHONE CALL from them. Heh...wasn't expecting that. They couldn't help me out, they won't have more stock until mid-Feb...but pretty darn good customer care, taking the time to call. Spent about 10 minutes on the phone shooting the breeze...

I'm going to get a hold of that ebay seller and see what they can do.

Thanks all.

Sam

well damn...motosport says call for availabilty so thats probably long wait too. Good luck! Im rebuiling mine and ordering all kinds of parts and running into same thing. There seems to be a lot of backorders right now for some reason....frustrating!!

I guess it is repair season

Damn...I emailed the Kawi dealer that had the seat on eBay...no stock. How the heck do they manage that? Post a bunch of products on eBay, then when you get an order...you go out and try to find the stuff through distribution. Their eBay listing says they have 5 available. Dummies.

yep im goin through the same thing with a carb I bought on e-bay. Had 3 avail then messaged me saying the distributer was closed between christmas and new years and Im still waiting

Hmm...the step seat IS in stock. Decisions, decisions...

I'm 6'4", but my inseam is only 32"...so just maybe...