HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mdenhaan

Slip on exhaust YZ450f. Do I need to re-jet?

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm new on Thumper Talk. Just bought a mint condition YZ450f 06 was thinking about a slip on exhaust. If I get one, do I need to re-jet the bike? I keep hearing about having to re-jet when you get a pipe, but didn't know if that referred to an entire new exhaust system or if it applied even if you only did the slip on exhaust. Also any feedback on the procircuit 496? Got one cheap and haven't installed it yet.

Thanks for the help!

Big Mike

It depends on the particular exhaust system you choose. Some yes, some no. Some richer, some leaner.

Precisely, most exhaust manufactures will provide jetting info if it is required for their specific pipe, or their web sites will have jetting info for the system. last 3 fmf 4.1 systems I have bought states, "designed to run with stock jetting"

I put a full jardine exhaust system on my 05 and i think it is running fine without rejetting

Starts 1-2nd kick cold and first kick warm (maybe more if in gear)

Has a very nice steady idle and does not backfire or pop normally unless its a real long deceleration with the revs up high.

Im no expert but i dont think i need to change anything, unless someone can convince me otherwise