Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smithjeb

Works Connection or GYTR

13 posts in this topic

I would take Works connection for sure. premium quality there. I had the GYTR Braces out of the box at yamaha on friday and did not like them, for the finish and rolled edges. so ordered a set of Works Connection rather than take the GYTR on the day....

Go with WC

Which is better by works connection for the 2010. Radiator braces or the radiator cage?

I'm going to order me the braces by works connection but dont know if the cage's would protect the rads better.

Cages protect better by far. I am not sure they make them yet for the 2010 all I have seen on here is the braces.

i dont know but anytime i slide out the rad gets all wadded everytime. off it comes to straighten it again. haha my braces should be here sometime.

Just to let everyone know that for the 2010 YZ 450 we are doing only the Radiator Braces. In the past when we did the 'cages' it was because there was no rear mount available for our 'braces' style and the cage was the only option.

We realize that the 'braces' are not everyone's choice...but keep in mind that they are intended for MX applications and since the '10 YZ 450 is strictly a bike for MX the Radiator Braces are the only option that we are producing for it.

We do have the Radiator Braces in stock now.

Thanks.

...Eric

Thumper38,

We have the 'glide plate' style in stock now (rubber mounted) and we will have the 'extended coverage' skid plate (also rubber mounted) available by 1/20 at the latest.

Thanks. Here is a link to the 2010 YZ450 page that has photos up of both styles.

http://www.worksconnection.com/product.php?mod_year=425&manu=7&model=YZ450F

...Eric

Just to let everyone know that for the 2010 YZ 450 we are doing only the Radiator Braces. In the past when we did the 'cages' it was because there was no rear mount available for our 'braces' style and the cage was the only option.

We realize that the 'braces' are not everyone's choice...but keep in mind that they are intended for MX applications and since the '10 YZ 450 is strictly a bike for MX the Radiator Braces are the only option that we are producing for it.

We do have the Radiator Braces in stock now.

Thanks.

...Eric

how thick is the material they are made of(the works ones) the gyrt one are 1.8mm they look a bit weak i seen them at a dealers the rolled edges proberly give the a bit of extra strength

freerider_australia,

We make all of our Radiator Braces from .062 Aluminum. There is always a fine line between strength and weight issues.

The .062 is plenty strong due to the process we use to form them.

...Eric

freerider_australia,

We make all of our Radiator Braces from .062 Aluminum. There is always a fine line between strength and weight issues.

The .062 is plenty strong due to the process we use to form them.

...Eric

Yeah For sure, the braces work very well, ran them on my 2009 crf450r and have bought them for my 2010 yz450f, Have been a long time user of WC parts it is all premium quality, I use all WC engine plugs, filler plugs, brake mc covers, axle blocks... It is always the best fit and finish and the anodizing holds up like new. Go with WC..